• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Forum Keynote Speaker

Started by d_goddard, August 20, 2006, 07:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on October 08, 2006, 08:18 PM NHFT
I would never expect anyone to give a large sum of money if a non-profit that is not tax deductable.  With taxes at the rates they are, it just doesn't make economic sense.

Sure it makes economic sense, in a selfless view, at least. Each dollar donated saves taxpayers $6-10 in education costs.

He should donate it to the LSF, especially considering his recent segment on Stupid in America and the LSF's mission to remedy America's stupidity.  ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on October 08, 2006, 08:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 08, 2006, 05:35 PM NHFT
He should donate it to the LSF.  :)

It would not be tax deductable.

When I say "should", I don't presume to tell Stossel or anyone else how they should direct their charity. I'm only light-heartedly suggesting a very good charity.

And given that it's not deductable, it would be perfectly okay for him (or anyone else) to retain whatever amount will be needed to pay the taxes, and deduct that from the donation.

Kevin

Lloyd Danforth

"Cathleen,
I did not mean to say anything bad about your charity.  I have given to it more than once and will continue to give to it in the future."

Its OK with me if you want to give this punk kid a slap Cathleen, just to keep him in line :D, but, he did end up donating all the bucks he tried to pay me for sharing my tentsite, to the LSF

cathleeninnh

We did get a lot of cash donations at Pfest. I just thought it was Russell's plea "for the children".

Cathleen

d_goddard

Perhaps LSF would like to have an exhibitor table at the Forum itself?
Contact Dreepa for details; he's in charge of exhibitor table assignments.