• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Quebecois Libre for Keene Free Press

Started by citizen_142002, August 22, 2006, 10:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen_142002

Quebecois Libre is an online newsletter with articles in French and English. Some are specific to Quebec and Canada, but some are general liberty themed articles. You might be able to find some good writers for KFP. I know a lot of folks want to keep it local, but there are some topics that have enjoyed a full run of articles and more content is always good. Plus Ron Paul writes articles and QC is closer to NH than Texas.
Just thought it might be another useful resource, and maybe they would reciprocate by linking to KFP or posting articles, which would expose more Quebecois individualists to the NH movement and maybe FSP.
The address is simply www.quebecoislibre.org
It's a great way to refresh your French while reading liberty oriented articles too.

Michael Fisher

I agree that it is a very useful resource that we should be tapping into as much as possible. We will need several bilingual Quebecois ultra-activists for the next step of my plan.
:plotting:

mwuahahaaa

citizen_142002

Sadly the majority of Quebecois activists are staunchly statist since the independence movement was intertwined primarily with Marxism. The Anglos were essentially the owners who did exploit the ethnic French. Now of course it is an antiquated way to view the problem of Quebec independence. That's why the paper's name is Quebecois Libre and not Quebec Libre, the latter being the catchphrase of the leftist sepratists.
The FSP was inspired by the efforts of the QC activists was it not?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 22, 2006, 10:46 PM NHFT

Supposedly, but the Quebecois Silent Revolution did not exclude the local population from signing up to be an equal part of the movement. The FSP does this by discriminating against locals and by making no effort to recruit them. Many of them tell me they feel left out because they can't sign on as a member. Hence, the FSP's structure contradicts its founding purpose to the detriment of our mission for complete liberty.

There are individualists in Quebec. They're everywhere. We only have to find the existing individualists and create more of them through our efforts. Quebec is too large and too close to ignore!

Lloyd Danforth

A bilingual Quebecois ultra-activists Liason, is what you need

citizen_142002

Actually I speak enough French to get my point across and I'm very fond of Quebec. I would volunteer to serve as a Quebec liason, but of course I'm not an FSP member. IS there any way that I could act as a liason, or maybe it could be called recruiter or something if there's bueracracy about titles.

Is there anyone on these or the FSP boards who speaks French as their mother tongue? I think there is a lot of potential just to New Hampshire's north, and Quebec will be an essential market/ally for those of you who want to see an independent New Hampshire.

KBCraig

Lancaster was certainly full of Quebecois while we were there for ShortyFest.

FrankChodorov

the Second Vermont Republic has very good relations with the Libre Quebecois...at an SVR event last Jan. a TV crew came down and filmed interviews.

http://vermontrepublic.org/news_events/svr_in_the_news/montreal_gazette

excerpt:
A few days before the meeting, Naylor received a letter from PQ vice-president Marie Malavoy inviting the group to her party?s congress in June. He taped it onto the display table on the far side of the hall, among the books, pamphlets and the newspaper clippings, excitedly showing it to anyone expressing the slightest interest.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 23, 2006, 12:50 AM NHFT
Actually I speak enough French to get my point across and I'm very fond of Quebec. I would volunteer to serve as a Quebec liason, but of course I'm not an FSP member. IS there any way that I could act as a liason, or maybe it could be called recruiter or something if there's bueracracy about titles.
Why be an FSP liason? Why not recruit them to the larger freedom movement? The FSP has flaws that you would have to work around like Mike said. We don't have to be limited by them. :)

citizen_142002

Well I wasn't sure if Lloyd was implying that the FSP needed a QC liason or if the NH movement could use one.

I talked with a Quebecois at Porcfest. He was down with his family on a few days of vacation. Between his English and my French we were able to talk a little bit about the FSP and what people were trying to do in New Hampshire. Actually he said he agreed with what we were doing, because he thought that  government control was too strict.
Lancaster's what, an hour from the border?

citizen_142002

I went to the QL website and read the English version of the "Who Are We?" page.
They actually encourage reprints of their articles. They do still want permission to be obtained at ql@quebeclibre.org
They ask that the article be reprinted in its entirety and without modification, and that the source should be mentioned with Le Quebecois Libre, issue number, date, URL and the phrase "This article is reproduced with permission from the author"
I'll be writing an article for them, they welcome submissions from anyone.

Actually they seem to have a lot of traffic on the site they rereceived 113,046 unique visitors in March 05.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 23, 2006, 10:56 PM NHFT
I'll be writing an article for them, they welcome submissions from anyone.

Excellent! :)

Kat Kanning

I found one article I liked, and asked if I could print it.  Mostly my French is too poor to read the articles.

JonM

Quote from: Michael Fisher on August 22, 2006, 10:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 22, 2006, 10:46 PM NHFT

Supposedly, but the Quebecois Silent Revolution did not exclude the local population from signing up to be an equal part of the movement. The FSP does this by discriminating against locals and by making no effort to recruit them. Many of them tell me they feel left out because they can't sign on as a member. Hence, the FSP's structure contradicts its founding purpose to the detriment of our mission for complete liberty.

There are individualists in Quebec. They're everywhere. We only have to find the existing individualists and create more of them through our efforts. Quebec is too large and too close to ignore!
I have no issue with recruiting NH residents to sign a statement of intent that excludes the moving part.  But they wouldn't be tracked as part of the 20,000, just as part of the "In NH" number.

Caleb

Can we all agree to make Nick "Freedom's ambassador to the peace-loving people of Quebec"?  ;D