• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

IRS out of Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, August 23, 2006, 03:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning

newsflash:
Ian is attemping to kick the IRS out of the big apple

Kat Kanning

We had 5 people out there holding signs.  One guy read about it in the paper, saw us, and decided to join us.

Tom Sawyer

TackleTheWorld

KBCraig

Good little exchange.  8)

Bald Eagle

Here's a little thing I came up with.
I made a bunch up in sticker form, and will bring them to PorCFest.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Bald Eagle on June 09, 2007, 02:44 PM NHFT
Here's a little thing I came up with.
I made a bunch up in sticker form, and will bring them to PorCFest.
8)
I like the ransom note look.  :)

Dave Ridley

good work on the video lauren....  perfect length.

two things that would have made it better:   A semi-closeup shot of a sign

More steadiness with the camera.    You hold your camera too casually....better hold it as steady as a rifle. 

It's ok to swish between shots I guess.  But it's sometimes better to just turn the cam off after four seconds and spray the next shot for two second, the next shot for six seconds, etc.   be careful you don't cut off people's heads.

I like how you handled the heckler, with the subtitle.

you may want to get a little closer to folks when you interview them so the sound is better....altho in this case kat was talking loud enough that it didn't matter.

anyone who wants to get better at videotaping may want to read an old book called electronic field production and reporting by fred shook....i've seen it change many a career in TV for the better.

Next time you see me at an event, feel free to hand me the cam and maybe i will try to shoot you a one minute vid that is edited in the camera and can be dumped to you-tube without editing.

Bald Eagle

Looks like Dave has volunteered himself to instruct a video recording class at PorCFest.
I'll notify Rich.

:D

Kat Kanning

Oh good idea on the class.  Thanks Dave!  ;)

Insurgent

That would be really helpful; I'd go to it.

jshmukatelli

I'd suggest a monopod...lighter, more mobile and convenient than a tripod but it makes a world of difference.  Do it right and the viewer won't know you're not on a tripod.  Plus, everyone isn't tripping all over it and you can pan / tilt quickly, the better to capture those nay-saying sheeple [evil scientist buwahahaha goes here].

An added benefit of a monopod (over handheld) is it captures thug nametags much better.

"You oughta be in pictures!"