• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

IRS out of Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, August 23, 2006, 03:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: lildog on September 22, 2006, 10:04 AM NHFT
Russell, other then getting these employees wet and pissed off and possibly ending yourself up in jail again...

How is throwing water balloons at the outside of a building on a Saturday (when there are no employees) going to get anyone wet?

lildog

Quote from: KBCraig on September 22, 2006, 10:41 AM NHFT
Russell, other then getting these employees wet and pissed off and possibly ending yourself up in jail again...

How is throwing water balloons at the outside of a building on a Saturday (when there are no employees) going to get anyone wet?

:blush:
DUH!  I missed that part...    ;D

But ok, that makes this "protest" (for lack of a better word) seem even more foolish.  You'll be doing nothing more then getting yourselves all wet.

slim

Quote from: lildog on September 22, 2006, 10:50 AM NHFT
But ok, that makes this "protest" (for lack of a better word) seem even more foolish.  You'll be doing nothing more then getting yourselves all wet.
I think you may be missing the symbolism. You could equate the waterballoons like burning a figure in effigy. Also who does not like throwing waterballoons it is a fun activity and if the protests are fun you have a better chance of getting others to attend. I don't know about you but I love to have fun when I am working for freedom.

earthhaven

I think you may be missing the symbolism. You could equate the waterballoons like burning a figure in effigy. Also who does not like throwing waterballoons it is a fun activity and if the protests are fun you have a better chance of getting others to attend. I don't know about you but I love to have fun when I am working for freedom.

I've gotta agree

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on September 22, 2006, 10:41 AM NHFT

I think a different way to look at this is have you ever heard of someone doing anything like this? If not than it is pretty significant just on that level.

The 50 Habits of Highly Effective Revolutionaries
The third wave of nonviolent revolt
Jesse Walker

http://www.reason.com/links/links092106.shtml

When the Serbian dictator Slobodan Milosevic left office in October 2000, he was felled not by NATO's bombs but by his own police and soldiers' refusal to enforce his orders. For nearly a decade, a merry band of militants called Otpor ("Resistance") had been treating his regime to a mix of Gandhian disobedience and Yippie-style pranks, planting the seeds of rebellion across the country and helping assemble a broad, nonviolent anti-government coalition.

error

Quote from: Roger Grant on September 22, 2006, 09:03 PM NHFT
I think a different way to look at this is have you ever heard of someone doing anything like this? If not than it is pretty significant just on that level.

The 50 Habits of Highly Effective Revolutionaries
The third wave of nonviolent revolt
Jesse Walker

http://www.reason.com/links/links092106.shtml

You can download the book here.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: slim on September 22, 2006, 11:05 AM NHFT
Also ..... when you are the one throwing the balloons or shooting the gun ...... you don't get wet. You victim does. :)

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

I am trying to think of funny or non-confrontational signs for my sandwich board. Any ideas?

"Torture is not very nice"
"Less Police State Please"

Lloyd Danforth

"Your Taxes Pay For Killing And Torture"

Russell Kanning

how about

How much killing and torture is the right amount?

When I walk around, I am wanting to start conversations and maybe a few laughes. Last time I had some good conversations. :)

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

how about a sign that just says

internal
robbery
squadron

Kat Kanning

Sounds good.

Interesting day today.  Had a nice conversation with a lady about torture.  She wasn't swayed by any of the pro-torture propaganda they've been putting out.

Russell Kanning

That is a good one. I was looking for something funny for the sandwich board.

We went with:
Have a torture free day :)
Torture is not very nice :(

We got good reactions to it.

We used the normal signs to show to the motorists.