• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Lunch Project: Vote Here: Major update July 20

Started by NC2NH, July 03, 2006, 04:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

NC2NH

Quote from: shyfrog on August 13, 2006, 11:03 PM NHFT
Well...since you are the instigator of the idea, do you already have content, etc that can be plugged into the site?

I'm just having way too much fun with ideas right now.

Getting odd looks from my wife with how much time I've spent modifying raccoon images.

We had originally thought of a sheep as the mascot, along with The Sheep Security Festival aka Mutton Fest or something like that. I do like the raccoon as bandit idea. Perhaps it's more subtle than a sheep. This thread has some artwork Kat and Roger worked on. I couldn't quite get their sheep graphic switched to the right shade of red and I haven't had a chance to get Roger to tweak it.

Russell and I did work up a "mission statement" which appears in my first post in this thread. Aside from that, I don't have anything concrete. There are good ideas on both threads. Perhaps you could list the 11 finalist locations and mention the next round of voting later this year.

8)

lildog

One thing the free lunch project site needs are letters of support:

Dear FLP,
I want to thank you for taking care of us so we no longer need to worry about anything and for issuing each one of us with our own victim card which we can play up incase anything controversial should ever come up in our lives or our children?s lives like say losing a little league baseball game (http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_222195806.html ).

In fact I am so much in support of the FLP project that I?m not just a member, I?m one of its leaders.

Sincerely,
John F Kerry

Kat Kanning

DAYVEE SOUTER

Hello everyone.  I'm new to this site. I found it while stumbling around the internet looking for a government handout.  A kind gentleman d_goddard pointed me in this direction from http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=12401.0.   I'm looking forward to meeting more Free Lunchers.  I might start a local group where I live.  I just wish more of the features worked on the freelunchproject.com website. 

One of my concerns, however, is that this seems to be a private initiative.  Anyway, now that it exists, wouldn't it be more fair if this was taken over as a government endorsed and funded project?  Just a thought.  Anyway, so glad to discover the FLP.  This give me so much hope.  Especially for the children. 

Your in Dependence,
Dayvee Souter

EDIT: I just realized it says "Liberty Lover" underneath my name.  How do I change it to "Dependence Lover"?

Russell Kanning

We need government grants.
I love the website. Maybe we could add sheep and wolves.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: DAYVEE SOUTER on August 21, 2006, 10:06 AM NHFT
EDIT: I just realized it says "Liberty Lover" underneath my name.  How do I change it to "Dependence Lover"?

I do apologize, Mr. Souter.  Our forum is geared toward Liberty rather than dependence.  If you make more than 50 posts, you'll no longer be a "liberty lover".

DAYVEE SOUTER

Does anyone know why the forum on freelunchproject.com does not work?  It seems that this organization needs a more dependable webmaster.  Or, perhaps Mr. Kanning is right.  More government funding would probably solve the problem.  By the way, Russell, if you like governments and sheep, you'll love this website:

http://www.thesheepmarket.com/

You can buy real stamps with sheep on them and support the US Postal Service at the same time.  On the other hand, the exploited artists were only paid 2 cents per picture.  Minimum wage really needs to be enforced on that Mechanical Turk thing.

DAYVEE SOUTER

I must appologize to Mr. Kanning.  I mistakenly thought the the sheep stamps were certified for U.S. mail, but apparently I was mistaken.  After inquiring at the website I received this response:

Dayvee,

Thank you for your inquiry. The stamps are collectible stamps. They are not certified by U.S. mail and do not represent valid postage.

Cheers,
-Aaron

So, Russell, I'm afraid you will have to find another way to show your support for the USPS.  Once again, I'm very sorry for getting your hopes up.

Yours in Dependence,
Dayvee Souter

shyfrog

Quote from: DAYVEE SOUTER on August 21, 2006, 10:06 AM NHFT
Hello everyone.  I'm new to this site. I found it while stumbling around the internet looking for a government handout.  A kind gentleman d_goddard pointed me in this direction from http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=12401.0.   I'm looking forward to meeting more Free Lunchers.  I might start a local group where I live.  I just wish more of the features worked on the freelunchproject.com website. 

One of my concerns, however, is that this seems to be a private initiative.  Anyway, now that it exists, wouldn't it be more fair if this was taken over as a government endorsed and funded project?  Just a thought.  Anyway, so glad to discover the FLP.  This give me so much hope.  Especially for the children. 

Your in Dependence,
Dayvee Souter

Quote from: DAYVEE SOUTER on August 21, 2006, 11:52 AM NHFT
Does anyone know why the forum on freelunchproject.com does not work?  It seems that this organization needs a more dependable webmaster.  Or, perhaps Mr. Kanning is right.  More government funding would probably solve the problem.  By the way, Russell, if you like governments and sheep, you'll love this website:

http://www.thesheepmarket.com/

You can buy real stamps with sheep on them and support the US Postal Service at the same time.  On the other hand, the exploited artists were only paid 2 cents per picture.  Minimum wage really needs to be enforced on that Mechanical Turk thing.

I've been on vacation.
I will submit these enhancements to our "New Features Feasibility Subcommittee" which, if agreed upon by our membership council (Fred should be back from Sabbatical in a month or so), will be passed on to the "For the Children - Public Safety Commission for the Study of New Features Feasibility Committee". Once that has been deemed "safe" it will pass on to another round of approval. Check in with us in 6 weeks.
Please note that our call volume is usually very high. Be sure to allocate a couple of hours during your day before making the call.

We have very strict bylaws and guidelines for the site. For a small fee ($500...we accept distributed wealth of any type. As long as it flows through legal channels), we can send you our 2000 page "FLP participation terms and conditions" along with our 5 volume "Platform, Laws, Bylaws, and Regulations".

Thank you for taking the steps to throw of the chains of selfishness and greed by helping every one of us succeed regardless.

"Who was no one will become everything"

DAYVEE SOUTER

Thank you shyfrog.  It is comforting that the FLP has matured to include a 5 volume "Platform, Laws, Bylaws, and Regulations".  Also, it is commendable that you are taking child safety seriously in the design of your website.  However, I am somewhat concerned that there is not a provision preventing Fred from taking personal time off when there are so many in need.   I hate to bite the hand that feeds me free lunch, but I think Fred needs to reconsider his priorities.  I haven't seen Fred on this board yet.  How can I get in touch with him?

Yours in Dependence,
Dayvee Souter

shyfrog

The Free Lunch Project now has a Discussion Forum.
http://freelunchproject.com/
Join us in our struggle and solidarity! Together we can all be one and the same! Cry Free Lunch!

shyfrog

Quote from: DAYVEE SOUTER on August 22, 2006, 08:44 AM NHFT
Thank you shyfrog.  It is comforting that the FLP has matured to include a 5 volume "Platform, Laws, Bylaws, and Regulations".  Also, it is commendable that you are taking child safety seriously in the design of your website.  However, I am somewhat concerned that there is not a provision preventing Fred from taking personal time off when there are so many in need.   I hate to bite the hand that feeds me free lunch, but I think Fred needs to reconsider his priorities.  I haven't seen Fred on this board yet.  How can I get in touch with him?

Yours in Dependence,
Dayvee Souter

Fred is unavailable and has been "relocated" to a retirement colony somewhere southwest of uhm...I forget. He's happy and doing well. If you have any words for him, you can give your correspondence to our mail task force and they will most certainly make sure he recieves them.