• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What business do you think Keene needs

Started by slim, August 25, 2006, 12:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for small businesses or franchises that might flourish in Keene. Currently I work as a Senior Systems Administrator for a midsize manufacturing company but I would like to be my own boss.

Kat Kanning

We need a porcupine auto mechanic, but that probably isn't what you're looking for :)

slim

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 25, 2006, 01:01 PM NHFT
We need a porcupine auto mechanic, but that probably isn't what you're looking for :)
I could do Oil changes but I am not really a grease monkey

citizen_142002

Well,
UI wasn't going to say anthing because it's my personal ambition. But la cerveza has loosened my lips.
Keene needs a gun shop. I have my own plan on what specisic way to do bussiness/market, but I won't reveal that.
I suppose that someone would think of it anyway. Well, may the free market work.

I'm going to go into the real estate game first, anyway.

FTL_Ian

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: slim on August 25, 2006, 12:28 PM NHFT
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for small businesses or franchises that might flourish in Keene. Currently I work as a Senior Systems Administrator for a midsize manufacturing company but I would like to be my own boss.

If you wanna stick with working for someone else and doing PC stuff for awhile, look here, http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=65.0

KBCraig

Quote from: citizen_142002 on August 25, 2006, 11:11 PM NHFT
Well,
UI wasn't going to say anthing because it's my personal ambition. But la cerveza has loosened my lips.
Keene needs a gun shop.

Viva la cerveza!  ;D

While there's not a gun shop in Keene proper, there are five within easy driving distance: Alstead, Jaffrey, Marlborough, Rindge and Winchester (!).

Not to mention, the Keene Wal Mart has a sporting goods center with guns and ammunition. And I got a kick out of calling the store to verify that, because their dialing prefix is "357".  ;D ;D ;D

Kevin

Kat Kanning

Keene could use a better computer parts store.  There's a mac store, and a place to get used computer parts, but new parts for IBM type compters would be useful.

Kat Kanning

tracysaboe

Does it have a comic book store? If not, it needs one of those.  ;D

Tracy

Kat Kanning

There was one by the Hemporium, but I don't know if it's still there.

Dave Ridley

A business that provides freedom might be of some value :)

Money Dollars

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth