• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

On my way!

Started by frisco, August 25, 2006, 10:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

frisco

I've finally decided to pick up and do this thing.  I'll be touching down in NH sometime before the end of September.  :clock:

Foremost among my priorities will be shelter and a source of income.  I need a studio or 1 b/r in the Merrimack area.  I'll also be looking for an information security or infrastructure management type gig.  I'm watching the usual places, but if you come across any promising leads, I would be grateful if my fellow porcs would let me know.

Thanks in advance!

FTL_Ian

Congrats!  See you in NH, we hope to be there by the end of Summer as well.   ;D

Pat K

KBCraig

Congratulations on taking the plunge.  :)

Have you signed the First 1000 pledge?

frisco

Quote from: KBCraig on August 26, 2006, 02:02 AM NHFT
Congratulations on taking the plunge.  :)

Have you signed the First 1000 pledge?

I'm the fifth name on that list!

FTL_Ian

What pushed you over the edge?  I thought you used to be a few years out.

Rocketman

Kick ass.  See you soon, Morey.

d_goddard

Can't wait to see you home for good, Morey!

If you're looking for a tech job, I suggest you focus on Manchester or Nashua.
I know Rich T. has been posting tech jobs on the FSP forum
And if you'd just spend a few days poring over Oracle documentation, you could probably get a job at Friday's company -- they're hiring people with Oracle knowledge, and they need them ASAP!

Russell Kanning

Isn't that like working for organized crime (the feds)?

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 27, 2006, 11:50 PM NHFT
Isn't that like working for organized crime (the feds)?

BAE is "someone else's feds". Over here, they're just another contractor seeking an advantage.

John

So glad to hear it.  See you in September.
I look forward to welcoming you HOME.

citizen_142002

Glad to hear you're coming so soon Morey.
How many people are moving in September? It seems like there will be more movers/visitors than we've had recently.

Russell Kanning

There seems to be a rush here at the end of the summer. Can you imagine how many there will be next summer?

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 30, 2006, 12:30 AM NHFT
Can you imagine how many there will be next summer?
It's a few dozen this summer.
Next summer will see a couple of HUNDRED, according to the First1000 pledge!
And then, based on the victories we'll achieve, maybe a few THOUSAND in 2 years' time.

"Grampa, tell me again about the spring of '06, just before the Second American Revolution"

felix.benner

Quote from: d_goddard on August 30, 2006, 07:15 AM NHFT
"Grampa, tell me again about the spring of '06, just before the Second American Revolution"

Well, my grandson, to understand what happened I first have to tell you what a government is ... you remember when that kid in school bullied you around and then even demanded your lunch money "for protection"? Government's like that - only more organized.