• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anybody have any updates on the nano-solar electric tech or LEDs?

Started by tracysaboe, August 26, 2006, 10:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

I doubt the lifetime would be 25 years. But even if it's only 10 years, it's so much cheeper that it would still pay for itself, and by the time it wears out there's be a new generation of solar tech. It's the upfront cost that makes it difficult many times because many people don't have the upfront money to invest.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Any hear on the forums follow this sort of thing? Are their any updates on if low cost LED Bulbs are availible for General Public Consumption?

TRacy

tracysaboe

Look what I found.
http://i.gizmodo.com/5166759/philipsmaster-led-bulb-enlightened-when-on-or-off

I wonder if it's the equivilant of a 60 or 100 watt regular bulb.

Tracy

(Update: Looks like it's equivilent of about a 30 Watt incandecent. TS )

Update II
I found this, which seems to think that in about 5 years LEDs will be about the same price as Floresents, based on a new method of composition and cooling the material
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16496-cheap-superefficient-led-lights-on-the-horizon.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

If only we weren't going to be in the midst of HyperInflation by then :(

Tracy

doobie

I bought a set of 4 under the counter LED lights for my kitchen.... two of the four died in the first month... the other two are still going after 3 months.  I keep meaning to take them to my electronics shop and figure out why they aren't working, but I haven't yet.

So much for the 10+ year life span anyway...

Tom Sawyer

tracysaboe

J’raxis 270145

This sounds like a topic to talk to jaqeboy about. The Alt Expo had a presentation on alternative energy at this year's Liberty Forum.