• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Vegans - B12

Started by Lex, August 26, 2006, 10:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Quote from: Dreepa on September 07, 2006, 11:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on September 07, 2006, 09:14 AM NHFT
Fat is healthy for them. (Perhaps not neccessarily milk-fat -- but if you'ree going to drink milk, you might as well get some fat to help fill you up.)

End rant.

Most Americans don't need anymore fat.  They are fat enough.

No, the reason they get fat, is because their bodies think they're starving because they don't get any of it. It's because they get too much carbs. So lots of energy but no substance, so the body makes fat out of it to store engery because it's in starvation mode. Haven't you ever heard of Atkins, Barry Sears, (Heck, Bengiman Franklin). Same thing with colesteral. The cholesteral you eat isn't what goes into the cholesteral in your blood. It get's digested. You're body makes its own cholesterate if it thinks it's starving and needs more.

Amy got rid of 60 pounds in the course of a month eating Nothing but double-cheese burgers with extra cheese from McDonalds. I didn't let her have fries or pop with it though.  ;)

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: tracysaboe on September 07, 2006, 08:16 PM NHFT
I'm specifically talking about Cow milk. Any kind of cow-milk. Pasteruizing and homoginizing makes it worse, but cow-milk in general isn't healthy for a high percentage of the population.  I happen to like goat milk. It's better. My grandparrents had a couple goats on their farm, and we'd go out and milk-them sometimes. I don't think the nutricienists researched other types of milk. I do think it's strange that humans are the ONLY animal that continues to drink milk after nursing, and it makes most animals sick if they drink-it after they're through with the nursing phase of life. (Yes, even most domesticated dogs and cats will get sick if you give them milk when they're not used to it when they're grown.)

There are lots of humans that are lactose intolerant and almost everyone I know in Ukraine and Russia gives their cats milk on an ordinary basis and cats love it and would drink it before their food or water.

tracysaboe

Being a gentleman, I can't have a lot of soy. I used to drink it. But I started getting sick everytime I did.

All that estragen's just not good for me I guess.

Tracy

Pat K

Quote from: JigglyPuff on September 07, 2006, 08:28 PM NHFT
my cats like soy milk..I don't give it to them, they try to steal it from cereal bowls..
Pat K would probably drink beer over any type of milk or water..

"there's no such thing as soy milk! How do I  know that -because there are no soy tities! its soy juice....."   

Lewis Black

d_goddard

Quote from: Pat K on September 07, 2006, 09:06 PM NHFT
there are no soy tities!
Clearly you have never dated a vegetarian woman before :P ;)  :o

tracysaboe

Quote from: d_goddard on September 08, 2006, 09:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on September 07, 2006, 09:06 PM NHFT
there are no soy tities!
Clearly you have never dated a vegetarian woman before :P ;)  :o

make that a nursing vegetarian woman.

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 06:42 PM NHFT
How long do yall plan on doing it for?
8-10 days.

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 06:42 PM NHFT
Is "fasting" recommended for mothers who are breastfeeding?
We've found a lot of inconsistent info on this, some people say that a lot of toxins leave through the breast milk and others say it's unknown. I think that since we're only doing 8-10 days and it's a juice fast it shouldn't be that bad.

Lex

Heh, looks like we lasted for only about 3 days.  :P

I probably could have kept going but Anna starting feeling sick so she started eating and it wasn't long before I had a tomato.

We will try again some other time. It was definitely an interesting experience although I can see how if we had gone longer it would have been even more interesting :-)