• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Vegans - B12

Started by Lex, August 26, 2006, 10:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

OK, everybody stop posting so Dreepa can catch up.  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 02, 2006, 07:39 AM NHFT
What is tempeh?

Soybeans processed with some kind of bacteria.  Kinda pasty.  Weird texture.  Good deep fried.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on September 02, 2006, 07:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: JigglyPuff on September 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT
Cows milk is disgusting unless you are a baby cow.
How can you complain that people are complaing about vegans then in the next statement say this?
I don't like Milk... but I am not bashing it. 
PatK has it right.
Eat want you want.

Hell Lex just wanted to find out about B-12 (What about B-52?)

"Strobe Ligh!  Woah....Oh!...Oh!"

Dreepa

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 02, 2006, 08:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on September 02, 2006, 07:18 AM NHFT
Cows milk is disgusting unless you are a baby cow.
How can you complain that people are complaing about vegans then in the next statement say this?
I don't like Milk... but I am not bashing it. 
PatK has it right.
Eat want you want.

Hell Lex just wanted to find out about B-12 (What about B-52?)

"Strobe Ligh!  Woah....Oh!...Oh!"

Don't fuck with me Lloyd I now have 11 pages to catch up.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: JigglyPuff on September 02, 2006, 07:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on September 02, 2006, 07:34 AM NHFT
You can say whatever the fuck you want about milk.

But don't cry if people also call themselves vegans if they eat eggs.

Today I am going to eat a buffalo burger at the state fair... yummy.

I just think its weird to put a label on yourself if you don't even fit that label.

I've been a lurker for awhile, and always thought you were alright..

I would never shed a tear over this shit..
FUCK YOU ;D

He's just busting your stones

Kat Kanning

Who knew that a question about B12 would be so controversial.   ::)

Dreepa

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 02, 2006, 08:14 AM NHFT
Stop posting... I keep coming back to this thread. :P

Lloyd Danforth

Click!...Click!...Read Faster!....Faster!........or, you won't be able to make it to the Fair, and, eat your Buffalo Scrote Burger!

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 02, 2006, 07:39 AM NHFT
What is tempeh?
Moldy soybeans (if you think that sounds disgusting, just think what Yogurt is).
Anyways, like yogurt, tempeh is absolutely delicious and highly tasty.
Give it a try!!

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 02, 2006, 08:14 AM NHFT
These are LIBERTARIANS and ANARCHISTS, Kat, you knew that ;)

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 02, 2006, 08:27 AM NHFT
Click!...Click!...Read Faster!....Faster!........or, you won't be able to make it to the Fair, and, eat your Buffalo Scrote Burger!
Just printed the map.. on my way now!
P.S. I promise not to "liberate" any of the chickens and cows, even though my morals tell me I should...

Lex

Lex, Do you plan on using cars and computers when you are self sufficient?

cars - while there is still fuel at the pump and it's not $100 a gallon and there are still parts available to fix my car if it breaks I will continue to drive, otherwise we have a horse for transporation.
computers - while I have electricity I will use it, when there is no electricity or replacement parts then I will hand/mouth deliver all of my communication and use pen and paper for word processor.

livefreeNHgirl

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 01, 2006, 08:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: livefreeNHgirl on September 01, 2006, 08:11 PM NHFT
I am very disheartened at the attitudes I see here. I am a very healthy vegan (almost, see below).
you should call yourself an ovo-vegetarian.
Do you eat honey too?
Do you wear wool?
I call myself a vegan because it is the most accurate term for my lifestyle. I do not purchase or consume meat, dairy products, wool, leather, fur, gelatin products, cosmetics with collagen, animal-tested products, or ANY other product that contributes to the death or torture / enslavement of animals. I do not visit or support zoos, circuses, animal racing, etc.

On the other hand, I do eat eggs for the B12 and protein, but they are carefully chosen eggs...ones from farmers I know locally, who treat their chickens very well. No harm is coming to the chickens, quite the opposite. I do eat local honey as well because I do not believe beekeepers harm the bees.

I guess this is not being a vegan in the truest sense of the word, but I personally believe these choices are in compliance with the wellbeing of animals, and in every other sense of the word I am highly committed to vegan lifestyle....more so than anyone I know personally. So, I am going with it. :-)

If anyone is interested to know, mass dairy production, although it supposedly doesn't KILL animals, is extremely cruel to cows.  :-[  They live miserable lives and their male calves are sent off to be veal. (Sorry, just felt compelled to slip that in...!)

If you spoke to anyone in my family or circle of friends, you would also know that I do not go around preaching the vegan lifestyle, nor judging people for choosing their lifestyle. (again, this is where my libertarian values come in...not "commie" as someone said earlier). On the other hand, if someone ASKS me about veganism or insults veganism, I will speak my mind.  :P

Dreepa

Quote from: d_goddard on September 02, 2006, 08:55 AM NHFT
Just printed the map.. on my way now!
P.S. I promise not to "liberate" any of the chickens and cows, even though my morals tell me I should...

Denis if you want free parking you can park in my driveway.

tracysaboe

One Caveat.

Sheep would die if you didn't shear them, because their wool doesn't fall off on it's own. So actually the inhuman and anti-animal thing to do is to NOT shear them.

Human shearing of sheep is a symbiotic relationship.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: livefreeNHgirl on September 02, 2006, 10:05 AM NHFT
I do not visit or support zoos, circuses, animal racing, etc.

You do realize that zoos are one of the principle forces behind "presurving" endangered specied. I wouldn't consider them slaves or prisoners. They get pretty pampered.

And most animal racing, dog training, etc. The animals enjoy it in my experience.
And they get pampered by their owners too.

And heck, what about the plants rights! Don't they have a right to not be killed and eaten?

What about pro-biotics?

Tracy

Lex

Quote from: livefreeNHgirl on September 02, 2006, 10:05 AM NHFT
On the other hand, I do eat eggs for the B12 and protein, but they are carefully chosen eggs...ones from farmers I know locally, who treat their chickens very well. No harm is coming to the chickens, quite the opposite. I do eat local honey as well because I do not believe beekeepers harm the bees.

I guess this is not being a vegan in the truest sense of the word, but I personally believe these choices are in compliance with the wellbeing of animals, and in every other sense of the word I am highly committed to vegan lifestyle....more so than anyone I know personally. So, I am going with it. :-)

If anyone is interested to know, mass dairy production, although it supposedly doesn't KILL animals, is extremely cruel to cows.  :-[  They live miserable lives and their male calves are sent off to be veal. (Sorry, just felt compelled to slip that in...!)

Why is it that when you were talking about the chickens you only talked about chickens that were free range chickens and when talking about cows you only talk about cows that are in mass dairy production. Have you never heard of factory chicken farms or free range cows? Your personal life style (ovo-vegetarian) had such a bias on your interpretation of reality that I almost fell back in my chair :-)

http://www.goveg.com/factoryFarming_chickens_egg.asp

Hee hee.