• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Vegans - B12

Started by Lex, August 26, 2006, 10:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 11:51 AM NHFT
The Weston A. Price Foundation would like the gov. to...

The Weston A. Price Foundation is an active lobby in Washington, DC on issues such as government food triangle definition and composition of school lunch programs and supports a ban on soy infant formula.

Let me guess... PETA doesn't lobby the government?

Money Dollars

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 07, 2006, 11:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 11:51 AM NHFT
The Weston A. Price Foundation would like the gov. to...

The Weston A. Price Foundation is an active lobby in Washington, DC on issues such as government food triangle definition and composition of school lunch programs and supports a ban on soy infant formula.

Let me guess... PETA doesn't lobby the government?
I don't support peta...as a matter of fact, I don't like peta.

Are you(or your wife) a member of the Weston A. Price Foundation?

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 11:55 AM NHFT
Are you(or your wife) a member of the Weston A. Price Foundation?

I am not a member and neither is she.

Lex

We're starting the lemon, grade B maple syrup and cyan pepper fast right now, Anna put WAY too much cyan pepper...   :pissedoff:

Where is the :fire: breathing emoticon when you need one?

Money Dollars

The link posted was to www.westonaprice.org....the Weston A. Price Foundation

http://www.westonaprice.org/membership/index.html

Is that a weston price thing...or just a toxin flush thing?
I've seen it called the lemon diet in the past.....

http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/articles/Nutrition/leach73.htm
the Stanley Borroughs ?Lemonade Diet?....but that has 5 types of tree syrups..

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 01:02 PM NHFT
Is that a weston price thing...or just a toxin flush thing?

I don't believe Weston A Price has anything to say about lemon+maple syrup fasting, at least we haven't seen anything on his site about it.

Yes, it's just a toxin flush.

I've seen it called the lemon diet in the past.....

also Master Cleanse, Lemon Cleanse, etc. everyone has their own name for it, there are dozens of website about it if you google for "lemon maple syrup fasting"

Lex

http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/articles/Nutrition/leach73.htm
the Stanley Borroughs ?Lemonade Diet?....but that has 5 types of tree syrups..

Strange how they use the word "diet" and "fast" interchangeably. I don't think you want fasting to be your diet...  :sad5:

Money Dollars

But if that is all you are consuming for 10 days, it is your diet for those 10 days....

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 01:38 PM NHFT
But if that is all you are consuming for 10 days, it is your diet for those 10 days....

Technically speaking that's true but practically I think of a diet as something more long term at least a couple of months. It just doesn't make sense to me to call fasting a diet.

Money Dollars

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 07, 2006, 01:43 PM NHFT
Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 01:38 PM NHFT

Technically speaking that's true but practically I think of a diet as something more long term at least a couple of months. It just doesn't make sense to me to call fasting a diet.
I don't consider a juice diet to be fasting....

But you can call it whatever you want....

d_goddard

Quote from: Money Dollars on September 07, 2006, 11:55 AM NHFT
I don't support peta...as a matter of fact, I don't like peta.
Ditto.
PETA are a great way to illustrate why I don't think that Russ' most recent CD protest was useful.
PETA goes around handing out flyers comparing KFC's cookeries to Nazi Holocost ovens. That kind of comparison does nothing to further one's cause, even if it is true in a purely logical analysis. People react with emotion, because people by and large just aren't logical creatures.

Money Dollars

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 07, 2006, 01:23 PM NHFT
also Master Cleanse, Lemon Cleanse, etc. everyone has their own name for it, there are dozens of website about it if you google for "lemon maple syrup fasting"
They all seem to be based on Stanley Burroughs ?Lemonade Diet?...he wrote a 50 page booklet called "The Master Cleanse"...

The Lemonade Diet was developed by Burroughs in 1941 as a method to treat ulcers.Years later Burroughs realized that this diet treated many other diseases and he renamed it the Master Cleanser.

How long do yall plan on doing it for?

Is "fasting" recommended for mothers who are breastfeeding?

tracysaboe

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on September 07, 2006, 10:54 AM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on September 07, 2006, 09:14 AM NHFT
I'm not a fan of milk. Milk is downright unhealthy for a good half of the American population. I knew someone who was really into the "eat for your blood-type" thing, and he said that according to that doctors research anyway, type B and AB, and type O blood types really shouldn't drink milk. That's a good 3/4 of the population or better.

I think we'd all have very different diets if it wasin't for the government enforced Milk, Beef, Pork, and other cartels in this country. It discusts me all those milk ads that you see plastered over the walls in schools. And then in the cafiterias they only serve 2% or skim. ?????? These are growing children and young men and women. Fat is healthy for them. (Perhaps not neccessarily milk-fat -- but if you'ree going to drink milk, you might as well get some fat to help fill you up.)

End rant.

Please calrify which milk are you talking about? There is raw, pasteurized, ultra-pasteurized, homogenized, evaporated, 2% and skimmed milk obtained from humans, cows, goats, sheep, horses, donkeys, camels, yaks, water buffalo, reindeer the different combinations of which are all consumed by humans and all contain different nutrients, different proportions of the same nutrients and different benefits and negatives.

I'm specifically talking about Cow milk. Any kind of cow-milk. Pasteruizing and homoginizing makes it worse, but cow-milk in general isn't healthy for a high percentage of the population.  I happen to like goat milk. It's better. My grandparrents had a couple goats on their farm, and we'd go out and milk-them sometimes. I don't think the nutricienists researched other types of milk. I do think it's strange that humans are the ONLY animal that continues to drink milk after nursing, and it makes most animals sick if they drink-it after they're through with the nursing phase of life. (Yes, even most domesticated dogs and cats will get sick if you give them milk when they're not used to it when they're grown.)

Tracy