• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The racists were there

Started by John, August 27, 2006, 12:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Much of the current racism is directly related to afermative action programs.

Look through a typical college scholarship application data-base. 90% or better are scholarships for blacks and women.

I admit I felt some very racist and sexist thoughts while I was in high school looking through these highly racist and sexist databases.

Obviously, I'm a libertarian and certainly private groups should be allowed to do what they want.

But then you have government enforced laws that don't allow discrimination in the other direction. You have government subsidizes colleges and universities that use race as a factor to exclude whites for the perpose of "diversity"

The list goes on.

It's very easy for a person with a smaller scope of understanding then mine to be racist. It's the primery reason many neo-nazi groups exist IMNSHO.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Oh?  Where can I get a class in that?

tracysaboe

In this part of the world. It's largely "taught" by diversity classes in government schools and government affirmative action policies. All those "diversity" comercials that state, local, governments and the FED pay fo contribute to teaching racism too.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 01, 2006, 10:36 AM NHFT
Oh?  Where can I get a class in that?

Too late for you ;D

Its taught in the home, or, at least the basis for acceptance of it is.

citizen_142002

I don't agree, Llyod. I think that even people who have been taught not to be accepting of predjudice, can still jump to conclusions about what causes certain problems. People often look for someone to blame for their problems, even if they were raised in a tolerant environment, people can still draw their own, wrong, conclusions about race.

Actually I this that the 9-11 theories blaming Israel are just as plausible as the ones which blame the US government. It's not like you can deny that Israel has intentionally purpotrated violence against US citizens. A lot of people pushing that theory are probably anti semites, but have you looked at the remarks of the black state poet of New Jersey. He lost his title by the way, but that's not surprising. Wasn't the Governor of New Jersey have an affair with an Israeli national, who happened to be an intern.

tracysaboe

I know people who were raised in good homes, that developed into racists as they got older.

Tracy

Caleb

Several thoughts:

Dave, I agree with you on racists being relatively rare.  But, the quickest way to defeat anything you have to say is to be labelled as one.  It may not be fair, but it is reality.  Funny, because you are the guy fighting "labels" (in the form of "enemy of the state".

Nick, Israeli complicity cannot be ruled out (there WERE Mossad agents who were arrested cheering and high-fiving while they videotaped the towers).  However ... Israeli complicity would not explain everything.  Some of the most damning evidence comes from the fact that NORAD dispatched fighters from the wrong airbases, and then those fighters took an incredibly long time to get up in the air, and even when up cruised at about 300 miles per hour, slower than the speed of the jets they were pursuing.  How, exactly, could Israel manage that?

citizen_142002

I wasn't sayingat I believed Israel was involved, or that they were the best candidate. I actually believe that Al-Qaeda launched the attacks, at least in NYC, and that any US involvement was in letting it happen.
I was just saying, that while racists support the Israel theory, it may be supported by credible evidence, and shouldn't be thrown out because a few yahoos believe it too.

John, I suggest that you publish an article about this in KFP, and/or as a letter to the Union Leader. I have heard rumors circulating of a Libertarian-Neonazi connection. I know it sounds absurd to us, but remember that a lot of people are ignorant to the specific intentions of the liberty movement, and a few liberals in the media can do a lot of PR damage with twisted articles. Whatever, it's just a suggestion.

rholson

I agree with Caleb and with Citizen 142002;

The Live Free or Die Ralley was killed because Mike and I were "labeled" white supremicists. We have a pretty good idea that our Board of selectman Chair saw to this and clued in the ADL so that they posted our event as so on their website. We got national attention for trying to hold  a true "First amendment Freedom of Speech" event.

I learned from co-organizer Coutu that I was discriminating because I said that "extremist groups" were not welcome. Under the US constitution, everyone has a right to be heard. The ADL was wrong because they made a false claim that "White Supremicists" were organizing the event.

"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing." Oscar Wilde

PinoX7

Quote from: rholson on October 01, 2006, 10:06 AM NHFT
I learned from co-organizer Coutu that I was discriminating because I said that "extremist groups" were not welcome. Under the US constitution, everyone has a right to be heard. The ADL was wrong because they made a false claim that "White Supremicists" were organizing the event.

"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing." Oscar Wilde

Another example of politions avoiding the facts. Or in this case, making up their own