• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bureaucrat Registry

Started by cyberdoo78, April 16, 2007, 05:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberdoo78

Quote from: error on April 21, 2007, 11:11 AM NHFT
I would use it to look up bureaucrats in the immediate vicinity of wherever I happen to be, so that I can be forewarned if one of them attempts to enter my place of business. I can't think of any immediate way in which a wiki would facilitate such a geographic search.

Oh, is that all? I was thinking you wanted it cross indexed by who wears Aqua Velva AND drives piece of crap cars, that to me would require a more in depth look at wiki and see if it is possible, which it may be.

As you may or may not know, you can categorize by anything. Locality is one of my intended categories. Check out Wikipedia some time and check the bottom of the page, you'll see all the cross indexes there.

Anything else?

BTW I don't demand that we use wiki, I just see it as the most flexible of all the systems available. There may be a need by someone that wiki can't address(I personally haven't found it) that a true database maybe able to do better. But, right now at least, I don't want to take the time to learn how to use mysql and interface it with a website. Although again, there is probably an off the shelf open source that has already done it. But I like wiki, its fun and easy to use. Yes, I'm biased, is that a bad thing?

Quantrill

We'd probably have to have not only individual spreadsheets (or however we set up the info) but also be able to search by location, type of group etc...   So if I wanted to find out who the police prosecutor for Keene is, I could type in (or select) Keene, then it would pop up city officials, police, representatives etc...

I would then click on police and it would pop up a list of officers and their rank etc...

Then I click on Sgt. Eliezer Rivera - police prosecutor
Keene Police Department
Administrative Services Division
Bureau of Prosecution
400 Marlboro Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431
(603)357-9813 x 7075

Home: 55 Pine Ave, Keene NH  (not yet verified)
2005 property value = 183,300
2006 property value = 184,600   

erivera@ci.keene.nh.us

is the webmaster for keene police website (http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/police/index.htm)

Was involved with trial for Keene resident (we may or may not put civilian's name) who was driving without a license.  [any quotes, newspaper articles, etc... would go here]

BIO: Call Sign: zero seven five (075)
Assignment: Police Prosecutor
Serving Since: 1990
Academy Class: 93rd
Education: Bachelors Degree Franklin Pierce College
Collateral Duties: Police Prosecutor, Department Webmaster, Tech Liaison
Military Background: Served 5 years active duty with the United States Coast Guard and 6 years with the United States Army Reserve
Community Involvement: Keene Swampbats NECBL baseball team volunteer, Chair Keene High School Project Graduation, Member of the Keene Music Festival Committee, Keene Elks Club and Keene Rotary Club. Served on the Keene Board of Education. Actively involved with Keene Rec Center and Keene Youth Services providing the Washington St. Cafe.
Recent Accomplishments: Appointed to the New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission by former Governor Craig Benson. Appointed to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Board of Directors. Appointed as Vice-Chair to the New Hampshire Governor's Advisory Commission on Latino Affairs by Governor John Lynch.

Sergeant Eliezer Rivera began his career with the Keene Police Department in the Field Operations Division in 1991. He was promoted to the rank of Corporal/Sergeant in 2000. During his career with the Keene Police Department, Sergeant Rivera served as a field-training officer, a detective, tactical team, Explorer Post Advisor, Assistant K9 Officer and the Color Guard.

Sergeant Rivera is a graduate of Franklin Pierce College with a Bachelors Degree and has attended numerous specialized law enforcement and management school.

Prior to joining the Keene Police Department, he worked for the Winchester, NH Police Department in 1990-91 and the Cheshire County House of Corrections in 1989-1990.

He is a an active member of the NH Police Association and the Keene Police Supervisors Union.

"Blessed are those who defend justice and do what is right at all times." Psalms 106:3
http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/police/rivera.htm

[anything in bold type would have a link to that organization's page]

[attachment deleted by admin]

error

The problem with wiki software is it has problems scaling. Look at Wikipedia. If I put a million bureaucrats in a wiki, cross-referencing them using the wiki format will be extremely inefficient on the back end, requiring massive expenditures of hardware which I really don't want to buy.

alphincr

rSounds like a great idea to me. Even with a small list, you would be able to start cross referencing alot of connections between bureaucrats.  Examples:

*  The value of county/city employees  property, is it's value assesed the same as that of regular citizens?..what is the value of the nieghbors property?

*  Marriage records would allow you to see the interconections between family members in city/county employment.....you set up a big chart on a wall and start to make connections. Once that is done, you can research who is getting the different city/county contracts, who are the newly hired city workers, are some people getting more city services than others etc....

A simple excel program could be used to cross-reference a huge amount of info. Once it is designed, different people could fill in different parts (farm the work out to volunteers) marriage conections, property value, department, bureaucrat, politician contractor or board member of a city/state/county contractor.

I'm not in NH yet but soon I hope.  Let me know if I can help

error

I won't build anything on Microsoft software. I only build quality software.

cyberdoo78

I refuse to also build anything with Microsoft software.

As far as actually building anything, I would prefer an open source solution against using a closed one.

To address the issues of hardware I honestly will admit to not knowing the backend hardware requirements of our database. I'm willing to, for the moment, make a provider pay for the hardware. Depending on the terms of the service agreement of course.

Alphincr, interesting ideas. Not something I would have normally thought of, however I could see the usefulness of having that kind of information. Access to some of the information would/could be cost prohibitive.

While a spreadsheet program would work for the task, I don't know(mainly because I haven't looked) to see if there is a public accessible database with access control that would be required for this project.

Quantrill, great contrabution! I love the level of information! You are following my train of though very well. I am taking notes people so keep up the ideas.

I am currently investigating several wiki service providers both paid an unpaid to see what is available and how we will move forward.

Dave Ridley

I tend to like the idea of making each person's entry similar to a blog article...so that all kinds of people including the bureaucrat's supporters would  be able to add comments.  However it will really open a site up to libel suits since all kinds of people would be posting who knows what.

MaineShark

Another function we might want to have is the ability to search for complex cross-connections.  What defense attorneys started out as prosecutors?  Which legislators own businesses, and own multiple homes, but don't vote for medical marijuana?  Who knows what sort of crazy searches might be needed to address a given issue...

I like Boolean searching :)

Joe

cyberdoo78

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 22, 2007, 08:12 AM NHFT

I tend to like the idea of making each person's entry similar to a blog article...so that all kinds of people including the bureaucrat's supporters would  be able to add comments.  However it will really open a site up to libel suits since all kinds of people would be posting who knows what.

Yeah, I agree. But that is why I like wiki is we can open it for public comment and if someone posts something libel then we can edit it. I'm not into censorship or anything but if its true it isn't libel and if its false, I'd rather not have it posted.

Quote from: MaineShark on April 22, 2007, 11:03 AM NHFT
Another function we might want to have is the ability to search for complex cross-connections.  What defense attorneys started out as prosecutors?  Which legislators own businesses, and own multiple homes, but don't vote for medical marijuana?  Who knows what sort of crazy searches might be needed to address a given issue...
I like Boolean searching :)

Well Joe, we can do the multiple homes, own businesses, and voting records, easy enough. Searching for what attorneys started as prosecutors might be a little more difficult to do. Worse case, we start with wiki and find out where it is deficent and where it is not and go from there.

Anything else? The search continues, I spent all morning typing up a history of the US and where I thought we went wrong so I'm a bit tired after doing that. I'll continue searching tommorow.

Forrest

Quantrill

Are we sure that SSNs are a bad idea? 
:icon_pirat:

I just think it would cool for these people to know that they're not the only ones keeping tabs...

cyberdoo78

I think that SSN's are a bad idea.
Oh, wait you were refering to displaying the Bureaucrat's SSNs. Yes, it is a bad idea for us to display them.

That's why we will display them.

I'm not being serious.

error

Maybe we could issue all bureacurats Bureaucrat Identifier Numbers which they could never revoke or get rid of, and then require bureaucrats to give us their Bureaucrat Identifier Number in every interaction with us.