• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outline for a Freedom Insurance business

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2006, 02:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Not likely, MDMA (ecstasy) is a very popular drug.  LSD is the most well researched of all psychedelics, it's very safe when used properly, as is MDMA.

MDMA and LSD only pose a danger because of questionable black market manufacturing.  (Impurities, other drugs being marketed as MDMA, etc.)

(Note that any drug done to excess will likely be damaging.)

FTL_Ian

Let's get back on track..  So, who else is buying?  Please don't tell me I'm all alone on this.

AmerTownCrier

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 27, 2006, 03:23 PM NHFT
At the beginning the $/day wouldn't really cover much, but it is the idea that is important. In some ways we do this amoungst friends informally and not much more formally in the tuath idea. The tuath is all voluntary and only as strong as our connections.
The Save-a-Patriot guys do something similar to this. When one person gets money stolen from them by the government, the group asks you to donate to them directly in the amount of $7-30 each month. I like that this one would be based on not paying fines and such.
I'm glad I read both pages of  posting. Save a Patriot does have the right idea. Some people, say for example, who lose their house...actually make more from the theft.
Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 27, 2006, 03:24 PM NHFT
Save-a-Patriot is sketchy to me, because they won't talk about how many members they have.
Why is it important to know how many members they have? Their successes over the years and their methods of paying those who have been damaged work. I'd bet John Kotmair would talk to you about it if you told him who you were and why you were calling.
Taking the financial losses of civil disobedience would go a long way to increasing CD...wouldn't it?!?

AmerTownCrier

I meant to say taking the damages of financial losses out of the equation would increase CD. :)

tracysaboe

Braddogg

Sounds like a GREAT idea, Dada.  When I move up, I'll definitely take out a policy.  And I'd be willing to make a donation to help get it off the ground if it would help.

I'm curious, what sorts of civil disobedience did you think should not be covered?

Russell Kanning

I cannot start/run this project, but I would be willing to help people after they are stung by the mafia thugs.

Dave Ridley

Ian and Brad I am glad you guys are so fired up about this!  I appreciate your offers not only to buy (or eventually buy) policies, but also to contribute donations or loans.  I will not take a loan probably, but one way you could each contribute beyond a policy of your own would be to buy or help buy someone else's policy. Perhaps someone who otherwise wouldn't buy one.   Maybe these will make good gifts :)

But even if you didn't want to put money into it there will sure be plenty of need for volunteers to fill the gaps which money can't....

Dave Ridley

Quote from: AmerTownCrier on August 27, 2006, 10:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 27, 2006, 03:23 PM NHFT
At the beginning the $/day wouldn't really cover much, but it is the idea that is important. In some ways we do this amoungst friends informally and not much more formally in the tuath idea. The tuath is all voluntary and only as strong as our connections.
The Save-a-Patriot guys do something similar to this. When one person gets money stolen from them by the government, the group asks you to donate to them directly in the amount of $7-30 each month. I like that this one would be based on not paying fines and such.
I'm glad I read both pages of  posting. Save a Patriot does have the right idea. Some people, say for example, who lose their house...actually make more from the theft.
Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 27, 2006, 03:24 PM NHFT
Save-a-Patriot is sketchy to me, because they won't talk about how many members they have.
Why is it important to know how many members they have? Their successes over the years and their methods of paying those who have been damaged work. I'd bet John Kotmair would talk to you about it if you told him who you were and why you were calling.
Taking the financial losses of civil disobedience would go a long way to increasing CD...wouldn't it?!?

Right...I'm glad SAP is there.  But the thing that seems imperfect about Save a Patriot is the lack of deterrent effect.   Yes they do help the good guys, but they do not seem to put pressure on the bad guys.  What do the feds care if some poor lady gets re-imbursed after they steal her house?  They have the house, and save-a-patriot did not put them under any scrutiny or discomfort for taking it.  Nor did any media attention come into play.   Unless I'm missing something, that's how SAP activity works.  It's apparently not very active.

Not a bad idea, just... not all it could be.

FTL_Ian

I'm far more interested in supporting an NH based business run by an FSP member than I am S-A-P.

Russell Kanning

I mentioned them to show how they do a couple of things. You have a different thing going here.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 28, 2006, 04:06 PM NHFT
I mentioned them to show how they do a couple of things. You have a different thing going here.

Yes, Dada's concept is very useful!  I see two buyers so far.  Who else is in?

Atlas

I'll be on board once I move. I'd even be interested in the actual personal protection of individual's rights via the policy contract. I'm wondering how we could protect liberties that the government refuses to recognize. And if the protectors go to jail while fulfilling their job, what would happen? Would there be compensation? Cause if someone needs physical protection from the police/Feds, there could be serious prison time for the protection services. This is my only hangup with this idea. It would need a fairly sizable membership to be worthwhile and also for the protection of protection agents. Awesome idea though.

firsty

this seems like a good idea.

that said, whats to stop the government authorities, from legislatures down to law enforcement and everything in between, from simply putting the insurance company out of business? it could be done "legally," by fighting every case, by legislating the risks defined by the insurance company, by punishing members thru surveillance and subsequent arrests, etc? it could also be done less directly (and less "legally," but since theyre the ones making the laws - and in bed with the people currently profiting from those laws - they define "legal" anyway) through the pretty obvious opportunity of faking facts for a pr campaign, by altering laws that the insurance company would object to (consensual crimes, basically) so that those laws cant be protected by an insurance company, etc.

you also have the fact that the only people who are going to be signing up for this insurance company are going to be relatively high risk people, and since our names would be available to the insurance company, whats to prevent the govt from simply getting that list and making the rounds thru the neighborhood, arresting everyone?

earthhaven

I'd be interested if it would cover me for simple possession of a small amount of pot. So far I have a clean criminal record and I would like to keep it that way until I get a "real" job.