• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Outline for a Freedom Insurance business

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2006, 02:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Dada:

Gil Guillory has a 2nd working paper about this same issue, so I thought I should post this, and rebump the thread to put some life back into this idea.

The Legal Landscape for Subscription Patrol and Restitution in Texas
http://www.mises.org/journals/scholar/guillory3.pdf

Don't really know how much of this applies to NH but I think it's worth reading.

Tracy

ninetales1234

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 27, 2006, 09:26 PM NHFT
Here's an advantage I thought of related to not covering certain controversial things....

In the future, we could expand our coverage to include those things, and when we do, it will probably make the news.

the other advantage is that we keep those controversial things off our back at first.
Good idea!

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 27, 2006, 02:19 PM NHFTPolicyholder defense would *not* involve:
Attorneys (not yet anyway)
Reimbursement for fines (That would be like indirectly paying off the authorities)
Good idea.
When you get attorneys, try not to get ones that work within the morally corrupt system, and debate the law, but instead are willing to debate the Constitution (like you!).

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 16, 2006, 05:00 PM NHFT
I'm interested in refusing to pay property taxes.  However, I'm not courageous enough to go this one alone.  While I could create a Pledgebank agreement and attempt to promote it, there's no way for me to know for sure whether pledgebank signers are real, committed people.

Instead, you could collect the information as I earlier specified.  Say I'm comfortable witholding property taxes when 50 others are also willing to do so.  When you reach 50 clients who are also willing to withhold, you would alert me that the number has been reached.  I need not be concerned about whether the 50 are really there, because you are the credible intermediary.
I think I'll be interested in it too when I move to NH. This would definitely be a good side service offered by the insurance company. I've got a pledgebank pledge going on right now, and I have no way of knowing for sure whether the signers are serious. My pledge isn't too important, but if I were doing something big like refusing to pay taxes it would be nice to have an alternative way of recording signatures.

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 17, 2006, 03:04 PM NHFT
I also like the idea of mobilizing customers, keeping them involved.  Also there is potentially a selfish reason why customers might show up in defense of other customers...they know their turn may come and their connections with other customers would tend to facilitate a larger defense.
Oh yeah! Free market logic FTW!

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 03, 2006, 05:24 PM NHFT
Do you think I should rule myself ineligible for policy?
Yes, if you're getting a salary from the organization.
I think people will come to your aid anyway ;)