• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Town Project revisited

Started by maxxoccupancy, August 27, 2006, 11:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Where she wears her hair in the cinnamon bun hair style?

Money Dollars

Quote from: hook on August 28, 2006, 05:31 PM NHFT
Did the FTP fail?
According to John Babiarz.

When he had the sitdown in with my wife in March '05 he said it was over. Not that I believe what he says....

Didn't you hear it is called "Grafton for Freedom" now.  ::)

Oh, I just realized that the FSP fails this week, unless you guys get busy and sign up 13,000 people by Friday.

On June 19 2004 Amanda said the FSP had 6000 members. Two years later they have 7284 members. That is pretty sad.

Zack was right.

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 28, 2006, 08:16 PM NHFT
On June 19 2004 Amanda said the FSP had 6000 members. Two years later they have 7284 members. That is pretty sad.

7,284 is plenty if they all move.

Money Dollars

The majority of those promised to move if the FSP got 20,000 by Sept. 2006. Many no longer plan on moving.

FTL_Ian

True, though honestly many of them probably don't even remember signing up.   ::)

JonM

Those of us who love liberty must work to find a way.

Caleb

Quoteabout 700 have said that they plan to move within the net two years.

Max, if you know of 700 who are planning on moving within the next two years, get them to sign the First 1000

Caleb

Money Dollars

http://freestateproject.org/news/releases/nhrelease.php
QuoteSeveral hurdles still face the movement, which currently has about 4,500 members pledged to migrate to New Hampshire.

But as Condon notes, "The member survey shows that 53% of members plan to move within three years, not waiting for the 20,000-member benchmark.

So back in Oct. 2003, over 2250 FSP members planned on moving to NH by Oct. 2006. How many moved.....about 10% of that?

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 28, 2006, 09:10 PM NHFT
So back in Oct. 2003, over 2250 FSP members planned on moving to NH by Oct. 2006. How many moved.....about 10% of that?

You're right, it sucks. Why do you think the numbers are so low? What can be done to get more people to move?

Money Dollars

Probably had something to do with the FSP leadership lying.....

I think Jason P. Sorens needs to go.  >:D

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 28, 2006, 09:20 PM NHFT
I think Jason P. Sorens needs to go.  >:D

He's already gone, he lives in NY now, correct? And his only participation in the FSP is book keeping (Treasurer and Project Tracking).

FTL_Ian

I think there's an obscure FSP bylaw....  let me see if I can dig it up:

QuoteSec 1.22.A - Should the FSP not reach its 20,000 goal by Sept 2006, Money Dollars shall be named president of the organization.

Money Dollars

Do you know what a Board of Directors does?

Jason is the Chair of the BOD

JonM

KBCraig

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 28, 2006, 09:10 PM NHFT

Indeed, how many did move? Do you know? Or are you just guessing? Do you have former and current addresses on all signers as of 10/2003, vice now?

The Chronicles episode about the FSP, which is readily available online, featured several FSP members. Only one couple of those mentioned are active on the NHfree or FSP forums, so far as I know... and only ocasionally at best. The others have dropped out of sight, and presumably are living the "Free State Life" without sending press releases to MoneyDollars.

Others on the video were "friends of the FSP" who were supportive but not allowed to be members. I don't know that any of them participate in the forums, but I'm pretty sure they still consider us friends.

All the news you see while reading the news, is not all the news there is.

Kevin