• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Why buy?

Started by cathleeninnh, August 28, 2006, 03:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

Anyone familiar with this? Something we should try?

http://alpha.borrowme.com/

Cathleen

aries

Nope but it looks like it should be out soon

Dave Ridley

CNHT

Quote from: cathleeninnh on August 28, 2006, 03:18 PM NHFT
Anyone familiar with this? Something we should try?

http://alpha.borrowme.com/

Cathleen

Leave it to Cathleen to find something like this! Cool idea but, what happens if you  or someone else breaks something or doesn't return it in the same condition? I did not read the whole website but I wonder how that would work.

cathleeninnh

I think it is intended to just be a tool for friends to use. It would only be as good as the people.

Cathleen

error

It looks like they plan to use a reputation system, similar to eBay's feedback system.

Dreepa

I just joined the mailing list.
Looks interesting to me.

People should check out the book Affluenza written by Frank C's friend Thomas Naylor.

Lloyd Danforth

Some friends and I let each other know when they have aquired an expensive or seldom used tool: Insulation machine, 40 foot ladder,framing nail gun, power washing machine, tile cutting machine, etc., so we can share them.  There are 3 of us and we can trust each other, so it has worked out well.

PinoX7

I have a bad feeling about people messing up this good idea.
I probibly wouldnt let anyone borrow anything too expensive untill I feel comfortable with the new system

mr.apathy

Nice site. Thanks for sharing. A good step towards starving the beast.

Harpakhrad11

I am to parodied to use such a service.

mraaron

Its a cool idea...but I need more hours in the day to become the first "borrowme.com enforcer".  My ace in the hole would be a laptop with photoshop jobs of Janet Reno with a body swap of Jenna Jamison...sans clothing.  I would have a good success rate, except with the visually impared.

Many farming communities have informal swap networks, and it is very handy.

Insurgent

Something kind of similar, though just for DVD's, CD's and Video Games:

http://barterbee.com

I've used it a couple of times and have found it to be pretty slick!

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on October 14, 2006, 05:36 PM NHFT
Looks interesting to me.

People should check out the book Affluenza written by Frank C's friend Thomas Naylor.

what is the connection Dreepa?

Dreepa

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 30, 2006, 10:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on October 14, 2006, 05:36 PM NHFT
Looks interesting to me.

what is the connection Dreepa?
The connection to you or the connection to the book?

The website basically says we buy too much shit and we can share with others borrow and have stuff borrowed.
Affluenza is a great book that says that we have too much shit and care too much about our shit instead of the community.

The connection to you?  Isn't Naylor the founder of the 2nd Vermont Rep?