• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Possible Visit

Started by mikes1156, August 28, 2006, 10:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes1156

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about possibly visiting/spending some time in NH. I'm a bit unsure of the length of my stay at the moment however.

I'm 18 and while I do have some money, I would still say that I'm on a budget.

I was just wondering if you guys could help me out with my options. Cheapest areas in the state to live, etc.

Thank You in advance.   :)

KBCraig

It will help if you can narrow down your goals.

"Visting/spending some time in" is much cheaper in Berlin, where housing and lodging costs are very cheap. But, you're limited to "visiting" what you can see on foot unless you have your own car. (If you have a car, you can stay relatively cheaply at an area campground. Tent optional.)

If you're coming by air, then by all means focus on Manchester/Concord/Nashua. You'll find public transportation readily available.

A good option it to get off the plane at MHT, and take a bus to Keene. Once there, you'll find friendly Porcupines, some public transportation, and just about everything within walking distance.

Welcome to New Hampshire. Save me a spot.  ;D

Kevin

Kat Kanning

I think the Keene area is the least expensive of the larger towns in the southern part of the state.  The north part of the state is cheaper.  Try Charlestown/Claremont area for reasonable housing costs while remaining in the southern part of the state.

citizen_142002

What a coincidence. I'm 18 and I'm on a limited budget too. :)

KBCraig

Quote from: citizen_142002 on September 09, 2006, 10:53 PM NHFT
What a coincidence. I'm 18 and I'm on a limited budget too. :)

I'm 43, have kids ranging from ages 3 to 19, and I'm still waiting for that time in my life when the "unlimited" budget kicks in.

I was just noting earlier this week that if gas prices now had been in effect for Shorty/PorcFest '06, I'd have saved about $160 on the round trip.

*heh*. Even if I hit the lottery, I'm pretty sure they don't supply "unlimited" money.

Kevin