• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dad kills neighbor accused of molesting girl

Started by Money Dollars, August 31, 2006, 12:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Dollars

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/30/neighbor.stabbing.ap/index.html

Johnathon Edington, 29, leaves the Bridgeport, Connecticut, correctional facility on Wednesday.

FAIRFIELD, Connecticut (AP) -- A lawyer climbed through a neighbor's bedroom window and stabbed him to death after being told by a family member that the man had molested his 2-year-old daughter, authorities say.

Barry James, 58, was stabbed in the chest nearly a dozen times Monday. The lawyer, Jonathon Edington, 29, was charged with murder and burglary and was released on $1 million bail Wednesday.

Capt. Gary MacNamara said that police had not received a complaint about the child being assaulted before the killing, and "we have no indication it's true or not true."

Edington's attorney, Michael Sherman, said the information came from Edington's wife. "The daughter gave the mother information which was alarming and disturbing. The mom relayed it to her husband. That was the spark," Sherman said.

James' 87-year-old mother discovered his body. When officers went to Edington's home, they found him standing by his kitchen sink with what appeared to be blood on him, and a large kitchen knife next to him on a counter, authorities said

"He's in shock," Edington's attorney said. "This is the most unexpected turn of events one can imagine with this young man's background."

Police had gone to the neighborhood before, when Edington called to complain that he could see James through a window, police said. "Either he was partly clothed or revealed parts of his anatomy that were inappropriate," MacNamara said.

Edington, a graduate of Syracuse University and Fordham University Law School, has been practicing patent law, Sherman said. Police said Edington has no criminal record.

Rita James declined to comment on her son's death.

James served two days behind bars in 2001 on a drunken driving charge, according to the state Correction Department.

"He had some bizarre behavior over the last month," said Darrell Maynard, a neighbor. "He drove his car through his garage, hit the other neighbor's building."

Another time a neighbor found James intoxicated on the street, Maynard said. James shouted obscenities at children, he said.

As for Edington, Maynard said: "Something had to happen that was terrible for this to have occurred." Edington "seemed like a computer geek or something. He was not anybody you would ever feel you were threatened by."

Lex

Quote from: Money Dollars on August 31, 2006, 12:11 AM NHFT
Barry James, 58, was stabbed in the chest nearly a dozen times Monday. ... When officers went to Edington's home, they found him standing by his kitchen sink with what appeared to be blood on him, and a large kitchen knife next to him on a counter, authorities said.

I understand the guy, but damn, that was a sloppy job...  :-\

KBCraig

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 31, 2006, 01:39 AM NHFT
Barry James, 58, was stabbed in the chest nearly a dozen times Monday. ... When officers went to Edington's home, they found him standing by his kitchen sink with what appeared to be blood on him, and a large kitchen knife next to him on a counter, authorities said.

My thoughts exactly. "A dish best served cold", and all that.

First, make sure it's true. Then, plan your course of action.

Rage seldom gives the desired result.

Lloyd Danforth

First ya need absolute proof and then ya need to employ some stealth

maineiac

Quote from: KBCraig on August 31, 2006, 02:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 31, 2006, 01:39 AM NHFT

My thoughts exactly. "A dish best served cold", and all that.

First, make sure it's true. Then, plan your course of action.

Rage seldom gives the desired result.

I dunno. Looks like he achieved the desired result to me!

Lloyd Danforth

If going to prison and not being there for his daughter in the future was his desired result, you're right

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 31, 2006, 08:03 AM NHFT
If going to prison and not being there for his daughter in the future was his desired result, you're right

You beat me to the reply.

I recall a case from quite a few years back, where a molester had raped and killed a man's only son. There was no doubt he'd done it (along with many others). When the molester was caught and extradited, the father was waiting in the airport, "talking" on the phone with his back turned. When the marshals walked by, the father turned and fired one shot through the rapist's head, and immediately through his hands in the air.

His son was already gone. He was willing to take the punishment. Justice was served.

9thmoon

You can bet that this story is going to make one or two would-be child molesters think twice. 

slim

I personally don't think he had the right to kill the man that molested his daughter but maybe the fathers lawer will try and use jury nullification to get the father off without a conviction.

Lex

Quote from: slim on August 31, 2006, 12:07 PM NHFT
I personally don't think he had the right to kill the man that molested his daughter but maybe the fathers lawer will try and use jury nullification to get the father off without a conviction.

I personally don't think James had the right to molest the girl. What do you think?

tracysaboe

Quote from: KBCraig on August 31, 2006, 11:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 31, 2006, 08:03 AM NHFT

You beat me to the reply.

I recall a case from quite a few years back, where a molester had raped and killed a man's only son. There was no doubt he'd done it (along with many others). When the molester was caught and extradited, the father was waiting in the airport, "talking" on the phone with his back turned. When the marshals walked by, the father turned and fired one shot through the rapist's head, and immediately through his hands in the air.

His son was already gone. He was willing to take the punishment. Justice was served.

Free Market justice and even vigilanti justice is so much more efficient.

TRacy

slim

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 31, 2006, 12:33 PM NHFT
I personally don't think James had the right to molest the girl. What do you think?
I don't think James had the right to molest the girl either. I think that if the girl killed James she would have a better chance for jury nullification. I do hope the father does not get convicted of murder.

Kat Kanning

I doubt many two year old girls could kill an adult.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: 9thmoon on August 31, 2006, 11:51 AM NHFT
You can bet that this story is going to make one or two would-be child molesters think twice. 

They are sick.  Their obsession gets in the way of their thinking.

tracysaboe

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 31, 2006, 04:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: 9thmoon on August 31, 2006, 11:51 AM NHFT

They are sick.  Their obsession gets in the way of their thinking.
Even Child molesters make economic calculation - as miss guided as those calculations are.

Tracy