• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lynch's "green" home.

Started by KBCraig, August 31, 2006, 02:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Excellent point.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Lynch%27s+new+home%3a+It+must+be+green+by+default&articleId=69a14dfc-9e4c-4dc9-ada9-245f6d823335

Lynch's new home: It must be green by default

So, a rich former business executive begins construction of an enormous, multi-million-dollar house in former apple orchard land on one of the most beautiful spots in the entire state and the environmental activists say. . . nothing. Boy, does it pay to be a Democrat.

We don't begrudge Gov. John Lynch his 11,000 square-foot, $3.5 million home or its gorgeous location by the Gould Hill Orchard in Hopkinton. But we do wonder where the environmental outrage is.

If former Gov. Craig Benson submitted plans to build the exact same house on the exact same land, the tree huggers probably would burn him in effigy, if not for real.

Lynch spokesman Pamela Walsh said the home fit the governor's commitment to environmental responsibility. Except, he's going to have to use an awful lot of energy to heat the thing. Maybe that's why it will have seven fireplaces.

It's good to know that the environmental activists of New Hampshire are out there protecting the state from mega-homes built on scenic land by people other than sitting Democratic governors.

Good job, greenies.

aries

Lex

Quote from: aries on August 31, 2006, 06:57 AM NHFT
What town is it in?

Quote from: KBCraig on August 31, 2006, 02:21 AM NHFT
We don't begrudge Gov. John Lynch his 11,000 square-foot, $3.5 million home or its gorgeous location by the Gould Hill Orchard in Hopkinton.

aries

Dreepa

I will have to go by and check this out. 

lildog

As long as he's not taking someone else's land by force or using tax dollars to pay for this home, who cares what he builds?

Dreepa

Quote from: lildog on September 07, 2006, 03:30 PM NHFT
As long as he's not taking someone else's land by force or using tax dollars to pay for this home, who cares what he builds?
Well he says that he wants 25% of the energy in NH to be 'green' by 2025.  I think he can afford a few solar panels.

The views from his house are unreal!

tracysaboe

Pretty much all of his income comes from NH taxes though doesn't it?

Tracy

FrankChodorov

Quote from: tracysaboe on September 07, 2006, 08:35 PM NHFT

Pretty much all of his income comes from NH taxes though doesn't it?

that's a good one Tracy...but I wouldn't give up your day job!

he is a multi-millionaire as a result of turning around Knoll Furniture as the CEO.

http://www.knoll.com/knoll_home.jsp

http://www.nh-democrats.org/newscenter/news/?id=39

excerpt:
A successful businessman, Lynch served as President and CEO of Knoll, Inc., a national furniture manufacturing company. While Lynch transformed Knoll from a company that was losing money into a profitable one, he also created jobs and expanded benefits for workers in the process. Lynch is the principal of the Lynch Group, a consulting business in Manchester, and has been a member of the board of Citizens Bank.

Lynch and his wife of 27 years, Susan, live in Hopkinton with their three children. Lynch earned his undergraduate degree at the University of New Hampshire and is a graduate of the Harvard Business School and Georgetown University Law Center.

tracysaboe

Thanks,

I guess I should know better being in NH. Around here, politicians can make politicianing their full-time-job.

Tracy

FrankChodorov

lildog

Quote from: Dreepa on September 07, 2006, 03:59 PM NHFTI think he can afford a few solar panels.

Just an FYI, a democrat friend of mine is insisting that there will be solar panels and other green ideas built into this house.

CNHT

It's called 'do as I say, not as I do' syndrome...typical of people like himself.

Mark

Quote from: CNHT on September 11, 2006, 03:32 PM NHFT

It's called 'do as I say, not as I do' syndrome...typical of people like himself.

Has Lynch said that people shouldn't build houses? Has he said that they shouldn't build big houses? I don't see how he's not doing as he says.

Regarding Benson, his only trouble was breaking the law. Other than that, I don't remember anybody giving him any shit about his house.

Seriously, though, why do you "freedom lovers" care what he does with his money?

smitesmitesmitesmitesmite!

CNHT

Quote from: Mark on September 11, 2006, 07:28 PM NHFT
Regarding Benson, his only trouble was breaking the law. Other than that, I don't remember anybody giving him any shit about his house.

But if you don't agree with the law, then did he really break it!?   >:D