• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Police Officer

Started by Rifkinn, September 04, 2006, 05:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rifkinn

found here http://monadnockjobs.com/jobsearch/entrylevel/keene.nh/618
Maybe a liberty oriented person should apply?  :)

QuotePolice Officer, Law Enforcement

Job Location Keene, NH
Date Posted Aug 31, 2006
Entry Level

Keene Police Department

Job Contact Captain Bourassa
400 Marlboro Street
Keene, NH 03431

Email
ebourassa@ci.keene.nh.us
Phone603.357.9815

An entry-level police officer eligibility examination will be held by the Police Testing Alliance at McIntosh College in Dover, New Hampshire, on October 7th, 2006. By participating in this multi-jurisdictional qualification examination, you will be eligible for employment consideration by 23 law enforcement agencies throughout New Hampshire and Maine.

The Keene Police Department will use the results of this examination to develop a list of eligible candidates for current and future openings for the position of Police Officer.

Minimum Qualifications: All applicants for the Keene Police Department must be United States citizens; high school graduates, or possess a GED certificate; and be at least 21 years of age. College education and/or military experience are highly desirable.

General Duties: Duties include patrol of an assigned area for the purposes of crime prevention, law enforcement, and providing for general public safety. This may include the investigation of crimes, identification and apprehension of offenders, traffic enforcement, accident investigation, and providing emergency services. Applicants should have excellent communication skills and a history of demonstrated common sense and sound decision-making. Applicants must be able to analyze situations quickly and objectively.

Registration Deadline: All registrations must be received by McIntosh College not later than 5:00pm on Monday, October 2nd, 2006.

Persons interested in a law enforcement career may register for this test by contacting McIntosh College Police Testing Alliance at (603) 742-3494, Ext. 2164. For additional information or for a registration form, you may also visit our web site at http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/police/employment.htm.

The City of Keene is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Hc

Insurgent

"College education and/or military experience are highly desirable."

This is what I find particularly disturbing; I've seen the same wording in all the want-ads for cops. The job of the military is to kill people and break things; the job of a peace officer is to serve and protect. Why are the lines between the two jobs becoming so blurred? Is it perhaps intentional?

earthhaven

I wanted to be a good cop back in the day, but I think I would be fired within a week  :weed:.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: earthhaven on September 04, 2006, 07:00 PM NHFT
I wanted to be a good cop back in the day
(Channeling Lloyd)
Back in the day? How old are you 22? Back in the day for you must have been 2002.

Caleb

Quote"College education and/or military experience are highly desirable."

This is what I find particularly disturbing; I've seen the same wording in all the want-ads for cops. The job of the military is to kill people and break things; the job of a peace officer is to serve and protect. Why are the lines between the two jobs becoming so blurred? Is it perhaps intentional?

The job of college kids is to defy authority and be rebellious. They want either.  ;)

KBCraig

Quote from: Insurgent on September 04, 2006, 06:57 PM NHFT

This is what I find particularly disturbing; I've seen the same wording in all the want-ads for cops.

Both college and military experience indicate that someone has been exposed to a wide variety of cultures and ways of thinking. Military experience shows that an applicant knows how to work within a chain-of-command structure, is disciplined and self-motivated, and has experience performing under stress in confusing situations (even if it's just basic training).

Kevin

aries

Quote from: Insurgent on September 04, 2006, 06:57 PM NHFT

People from the military require less training

They already know how to clean and use a gun
They know how to follow orders and in many cases give them
They are more respectful and clean cut
They are more timely
They are more used to making their job their life rather than seperating the two

Pat K

Their both used to sitting around bitching , till something exciting happens.

Their both used to drinking lots of coffee.

Recumbent ReCycler

When I was in the army, I was actually planning to become a police officer after I got out, but unfortunately shortly before I got out, I suffered some serious injuries in the line of duty and was unable to pass a PT test anymore.  My plan was to become a cop, then only enforce reasonable constitutional laws.  I was a Unit Police Officer when I was stationed in Korea, but I couldn't bring myself to enforce any rules that I was breaking myself (like no knives with blades over 3", speed limits, etc.).

eques

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on September 11, 2006, 08:31 PM NHFT
I was a Unit Police Officer when I was stationed in Korea, but I couldn't bring myself to enforce any rules that I was breaking myself (like no knives with blades over 3", speed limits, etc.).

Do many officers exercise that kind of restraint?  I frequently find myself suspicious of NJ cops, especially when they blare the siren and flash the lights to get through an intersection and then turn the lights and siren off once they get through.  Does anybody know if there exists a legitimate reason to do that?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: eques on September 13, 2006, 10:51 PM NHFT
Does anybody know if there exists a legitimate reason to do that?

They have the cop car, and a gun.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: eques on September 13, 2006, 10:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: Defender of Liberty on September 11, 2006, 08:31 PM NHFT
I was a Unit Police Officer when I was stationed in Korea, but I couldn't bring myself to enforce any rules that I was breaking myself (like no knives with blades over 3", speed limits, etc.).

Do many officers exercise that kind of restraint?  I frequently find myself suspicious of NJ cops, especially when they blare the siren and flash the lights to get through an intersection and then turn the lights and siren off once they get through.  Does anybody know if there exists a legitimate reason to do that?

Code 7 (Lunch)

citizen_142002

I'm not sure about LEO's or New Jersey. In New Hampshire, I know Fire Dept. members are supposed to run lights or sirens when responding to a call. If it's an Alpha or Omega level ( not that urgent) call they may just use their lights to clear the intersection quickly and shut it off when they're on a straight of way.

I have a feeling the cops in Jersey just don't want to wait for a light.

KBCraig

Spencer

In the Portland, Oregon area, our officers play with their onboard computers, then claim that their brakes failed, then when the mechanic says the brakes were fine, claim they didn't see the stop sign while doing 60 mph in a residential area (with neither sirens nor lights activated), killing a civilian:

http://www.oregonlive.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/metro_east_news/1158123339189050.xml?oregonian?en&coll=7&thispage=2