• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Walmart in Keene is hiring

Started by Kat Kanning, September 06, 2006, 04:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

They had a huge number of positions listed.

FTL_Ian

That is a nice store.  Sad that the zoning thugs are preventing them from opening a supercenter.   >:(

SouthsideIrish

Hmm...think I should apply. Thanks Kat.

Bill

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

The big sign at Walmart is still up. They must be desperate from now until Christmas.

cathleeninnh

A lot of place will be desparate until the new year. They may not be full time jobs, though.

FTL_Ian

Maybe not, but they are definitely proving grounds.  If you show up on time and smile when you're talking to customers, there's a good chance you'll be staying after Xmas.

tracysaboe

Yup. Most people that get highered as temps, get to stay on if they do a good job. That's true at numerous places. It was true at WalMart for me. That's how I got into Midco wheyre I'm at now.

I'm blacklisted from Wal~Mart (As many people here know.) But I have nothing against the company. As long as they didn't steal the property with eminent domain, I hope they succede their.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: tracysaboe on September 27, 2006, 11:06 AM NHFT
Yup. Most people that get highered as temps, get to stay on if they do a good job. That's true at numerous places. It was true at WalMart for me. That's how I got into Midco wheyre I'm at now.

Tracy

Proofreading?

FrankChodorov

I'm blacklisted from Wal~Mart (As many people here know.) But I have nothing against the company. As long as they didn't steal the property with eminent domain, I hope they succede their.

too high an IQ?

yeah what christian could care about the slave labor they hire in communist China?

tracysaboe

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 27, 2006, 06:45 PM NHFT

Tracy

Proofreading?

Ha Ha. Nope.

Quotecould care about the slave labor they hire in communist China?

I can spell hyperbole though.  ;D

Tracy

eques

Quote from: tracysaboe on September 27, 2006, 07:35 PM NHFT

Hyperbole, indeed.  Frank should examine his analogies; for one, "slave labor" isn't "hired."

Perhaps Frank should visit "communist" China and ask the "slave labor" if they'd rather work in a mass production factory, earning money to afford opportunities beyond their wildest dreams, or if they'd rather work out a subsistence, affording no opportunities for their children to do better than they.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: eques on September 27, 2006, 09:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on September 27, 2006, 07:35 PM NHFT

Hyperbole, indeed.  Frank should examine his analogies; for one, "slave labor" isn't "hired."

Perhaps Frank should visit "communist" China and ask the "slave labor" if they'd rather work in a mass production factory, earning money to afford opportunities beyond their wildest dreams, or if they'd rather work out a subsistence, affording no opportunities for their children to do better than they.

but you see they are forced off their land and have no choice but to take jobs in the factories...

I believe this can be filed under "vulgar libertarianism"

http://www.infoshop.org/wiki/index.php/Vulgar_libertarianism

Lloyd Danforth

How do you know they didn't leave their land voluntarily?

eques

We don't live in the best of all possible worlds any more than we live in the worst (or, one might say, we live in both, simultaneously).  I have a feeling that you've made this argument before and I don't suspect I will be able to alter your viewpoint at this time.

I do wonder, however, how you know what their choices are?  How do you know what options they have available right now?  Do they have better options, overall, than working in the factories?  Maybe they should revolt against the state and demand their land back, if it was stolen from them.  But, is that for you to decide?