• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Martel vs. Devries State Senate race

Started by maxxoccupancy, September 09, 2006, 04:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxoccupancy

I've mentioned this elsewhere on the board.  Andy Martel (NHLA 80%) is being challenged by Betsy Devries (24%) for one of the Manchester State Senate spots.  Devries has a poor UN-friendly voting record, and has voted for tax and spending increases in both the State House and the Manchester Board of Alderman.

Martel has consistantly supported property rights, gun rights, self-defense, and other issues.  He has voted down a whole host of tax and spending increases, and was tied for third (I think) in the State Senate for voting records.  He has even agreed to sponsor a bill keeping NH out of national ID cards.

This will be a close race, and each senate spot is worth 16 state rep positions.  I will be holding signs at the polls for these guys, and I'm doing lit drops for them right now.  These are ways to boost turnout and help proliberty people get elected, to keep some of these bad laws off of the books.

--max

Dave Ridley

Does the Martel race involve nashua or salem areas?   thanks for posting this

hey dude i see your karma is shot way back up lately...considering the small number of posts...

You actually have more points of karma per post than I do.

would like to know more about the real id agreement...

maxxoccupancy

I shot you a karma point, dude.

Martel is in Manchester (east side) and Litchfield.

Martel agreed to sit down with one of us and actually draft a bill keeping NH out of Real ID.  He said that he does not want NH part of the National ID card, and originally supported our bill, but doesn't remember meeting with anyone from our group.  If you've met Andy, you'll see that the meds are not helping him, but his voting record is still 80%, even with his vote on 1582.

--Max

Rochelle

I hope Martel wins. It would be a tragedy for deVries to get the senate seat. I did see more a few more Martel signs out in the ward today on my way to work, which was encouraging.

maxxoccupancy

Yeah, man.  Martel wins an A grade from GO-NH, while Devries wins an F.  The more I find out about Devries, the less I like her.  I'm definitely voting against her.

The worst part about this whole Reall ID thing is that she walked out of the state house when the vote came up.

--Max

Rochelle

Maybe eventually we'll find a free stater who is capable of running in this district for State house or senate that would be better than both of them, but until then, we need to keep the better person in.

NH Native

Can anybody post where and when I can hold signs for Martel.

Rochelle

He lost. 43% with something like 83% of the precincts reporting. Gone. We got deVries. I hope we don't get real ID with it :(

error

With 100% of precincts reporting:

Betsi DeVries (D)    7,360    56 %    
Andy Martel (R) *    5,803    44 %    

KBCraig

Dreepa

The Dems might have 16 in the Senate.  A complete flip flop!

NC2NH

Quote from: maxxoccupancy on September 09, 2006, 04:41 PM NHFT
He has even agreed to sponsor a bill keeping NH out of national ID cards.
Before the full senate voted on HB 1582, Martel said he would vote for the bill. I watched him vote to gut the bill. He later voted against forming the conference committee that could have restored 1582's original wording. Why trust his word after this?

Quote from: Rochelle on November 07, 2006, 08:15 PM NHFT
He lost. 43% with something like 83% of the precincts reporting. Gone. We got deVries. I hope we don't get real ID with it :(
Pick your poison. I'm not happy DeVries will be in the senate, but Martel is a liar. Good riddance.

mvpel

DeVries is rated F by GO-NH, while Martel was rated A.

Gun-free school zones anyone?  Magazine capacity limits?  Waiting periods?  Scary black rifle bans?

They try those kinds of things every other year, like clockwork, and now the balance has shifted.

Tom Sawyer

The Republicans in the Senate can blame themselves. Their loyality to Washington made them pull a sneaky with Real-ID.

Dreepa

Quote from: mvpel on November 08, 2006, 12:03 PM NHFT
DeVries is rated F by GO-NH, while Martel was rated A.

Gun-free school zones anyone?  Magazine capacity limits?  Waiting periods?  Scary black rifle bans?

They try those kinds of things every other year, like clockwork, and now the balance has shifted.
Well now the Pro Gun people will be out in force to help make sure those bans don't take place.
And Freestaters will join them.

But how come the reverse isn't true?  How many 'gun people' were with the freestaters fighting REALID?