• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Martel vs. Devries State Senate race

Started by maxxoccupancy, September 09, 2006, 04:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on November 08, 2006, 07:47 PM NHFT
Well now the Pro Gun people will be out in force to help make sure those bans don't take place.
And Freestaters will join them.

But how come the reverse isn't true?  How many 'gun people' were with the freestaters fighting REALID?

Many single issue folks turn a blind eye when it's not their special issue that's being threatened. The "gun people" were with the "abortion people", "anti-abortion people", "anti-smoking people", "smoking rights people", "immigration people", etc.

Many freedom fighters, though, overlap their issues. We can count on them.

Me, I'm a single issue voter: my issue is Freedom.  :)

cathleeninnh

This morning, Don was telling me about a friend at work. He's a "gun person" and when he mentioned his concern about taxes, Don pointed him to nhliberty.org

He then got worked up over the REAL-ID issue. "How come I've never heard about this on the news?"

People do care and the word is getting out.

Cathleen

Rochelle

QuoteBefore the full senate voted on HB 1582, Martel said he would vote for the bill. I watched him vote to gut the bill. He later voted against forming the conference committee that could have restored 1582's original wording. Why trust his word after this?
Because had he been reelected, we would have had a figurative gun to his back telling him NOT to screw up this time. I think he got that message loud and clear.
At least he had the guts to vote on the bill. DeVries snuck out before the vote. And they had people from Washington pestering the NH Senate to accept Real ID. Considering how sneaky so much of it was, I'm not surprised the senate didn't reject it.
There are a lot more republicans besides Martel who did not vote against Real ID. Why is it Martel that gets the full brunt of everyone's anger? He's voted "correctly" on every other issue.

cathleeninnh

He's not the only one. My senator lost my vote over the Real-id vote. Of course he sailed to re-election by way of fusion. He doesn't mind being both a D and an R.

Don't bother telling me about Letourneau's good record and speech regarding the smoking ban. He lied to me. Case closed.

Cathleen