• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dada in Federal Court 7/17 .... leads to 4 days in jail

Started by Kat Kanning, September 11, 2006, 03:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

I wonder if we could get Ted Turner to set up a trust fund to pay for the tickets Freestaters get for exercising their rights.

Kat Kanning

This was fun.  Four of met with one homeland security guy..Schmitt.  This time it was HIM who was shaking.  I don't really know why.  He was the one with the gun.

Dave talked nicely with the guy.  Schmitt cited him for giving out handbills on Fed property on the 11th.  He didn't deny that he got the info from Dave's article in the Keene Free Press.  When he handed Dave the ticket, it was real obvious he was shakin in his shoes.  Dave wouldn't take the piece of paper from him.  He's supposed to pay a $150 fine.  Apparently there's an appeals process.  Dave didn't know yet whether he'd pay or not.  At the end of the conversation, Dave told him nicely that he thought the guy was working on the wrong side.  It seemed to effect him funny...having us think he was the bad guy. 

Afterward, the reporter from the Nashua Telegraph showed up and talked to us for a long time.  She was amused about Dave's silent/slow backing up protest.  She headed over to the IRS next door to check it out right after the interview.  Apparently the Concord Monitor wanted to talk to Dave about it later, also.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: error on September 29, 2006, 08:28 AM NHFT
I have unused server space and bandwidth that can be used in the event of a real emergency. I also keep full off-site backups, so even if the federal morons were to seize the computer, I can be back up and running elsewhere in a VERY short time.

Thanks for the offer.  I hope Kat decides to take you or Crucial Servers up on your hosting offers:  http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3010.msg93276#msg93276

Kat: still waiting for your comments on the Crucial Servers offer.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 29, 2006, 05:16 PM NHFT
QuoteSchmitt cited him for giving out handbills on Fed property on the 11th.

in otherwords you have no specific individual freedom of speech right on collectively owned property?

Says you and the feds

Dave Ridley

Got a call from the Union Leader at about 4pm also wanting to debrief me.   

Russell Kanning

Surprise surprise .... they want dada's money.

Kat Kanning

It sounded like they just wanted his briefs  :o

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 29, 2006, 09:39 PM NHFT
Surprise surprise .... they want dada's money.

Maybe we should write them a citation and see if they'll pay us!

Spencer

I wonder how much it "cost" the taxpayers to serve this $150 citation on Dada?

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides:

"Congress shall make no law . . . abridging . . . the right of the people . . . to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The clear text of the First Amendment appears to protect Dada's right to petition the gubmint for a redress of grievances.  He was (allegedly) distributing flyers containing his "grievance" (people being employed by the IRS) and how they could be redressed (by those people exercising their right to quit working for the IRS).

Of course, the clear text never really means anything once it gets into the hands of lawyers, politicians, and judges.  It is interesting that the ICE is wasting its time on $150 tickets when there is a congressman sexually soliciting 16 year olds on the internet.

KBCraig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 29, 2006, 09:00 PM NHFT

Keep your pants on!

;)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 29, 2006, 05:16 PM NHFT
QuoteSchmitt cited him for giving out handbills on Fed property on the 11th.

in otherwords you have no specific individual freedom of speech right on collectively owned property?

Indeed.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 29, 2006, 05:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on September 29, 2006, 08:28 AM NHFT
I have unused server space and bandwidth that can be used in the event of a real emergency. I also keep full off-site backups, so even if the federal morons were to seize the computer, I can be back up and running elsewhere in a VERY short time.

Thanks for the offer.  I hope Kat decides to take you or Crucial Servers up on your hosting offers:  http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3010.msg93276#msg93276

Kat: still waiting for your comments on the Crucial Servers offer.

Thank you all for working together on a contingency plan.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Spencer on September 29, 2006, 10:47 PM NHFT
It is interesting that the ICE is wasting its time on $150 tickets when there is a congressman sexually soliciting 16 year olds on the internet.

I bet you it's more than one congressman.  He's the one who got caught.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 29, 2006, 05:02 PM NHFT
This was fun.  Four of met with one homeland security guy..Schmitt.  This time it was HIM who was shaking.  I don't really know why.  He was the one with the gun.

Dave talked nicely with the guy.  Schmitt cited him for giving out handbills on Fed property on the 11th.  He didn't deny that he got the info from Dave's article in the Keene Free Press.  When he handed Dave the ticket, it was real obvious he was shakin in his shoes.  Dave wouldn't take the piece of paper from him.  He's supposed to pay a $150 fine.  Apparently there's an appeals process.  Dave didn't know yet whether he'd pay or not.  At the end of the conversation, Dave told him nicely that he thought the guy was working on the wrong side.  It seemed to effect him funny...having us think he was the bad guy. 

Afterward, the reporter from the Nashua Telegraph showed up and talked to us for a long time.  She was amused about Dave's silent/slow backing up protest.  She headed over to the IRS next door to check it out right after the interview.  Apparently the Concord Monitor wanted to talk to Dave about it later, also.

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 29, 2006, 09:00 PM NHFT

Great work, Dave. Whoever helped inform the media: excellent job, and what did you say to them?