New Hampshire Underground

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcupine 411  (Read 37835 times)

SAK

Re: Porcupine 411
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20 PM NHFT »

Is there a more original, higher-quality copy of this available?  This may be important for me if so.  Does Error still run this, and is there a way to contact him?

It may be useful to up the quality on the thing (not to criticize, as I think it's an AWESOME thing and great work was done on it).

FTL_Ian

• Neo-Abolitionist
  • Enemy of the State
  • Peaceful Evolution
    • Free Keene - Keene's #1 Blog for Pro-Liberty News, Opinion, and Activism!
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2007, 03:05 PM NHFT »

Suggestion for using Porcupine 411 ( crossposted here: http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11174.0 )

If you are in a situation where you need people to show up urgently as error and supperman15 were in today, consider this.

If possible, call Porc 411 and leave a short message with your name, time, quick incident description, and location.  Then call back, and record the scene.  This way the first message will go out immediately to the list and decrease response time.  Today's message was 15 minutes long, which means that the goons had already been there for a quarter of an hour before the message hit our e-mail boxes.

I understand that depending on the situation, utilizing this suggestion may not always be possible, but you should consider it as an option.

Kat Kanning

• Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2007, 06:53 PM NHFT »

Can multiple people call in to porc411 at a time, or will the second person get a busy signal?

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord!
  • Enemy of the State
  • "Rock on!"
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2007, 07:17 PM NHFT »

Can multiple people call in to porc411 at a time, or will the second person get a busy signal?

Conduct a test.
I only have one phone.

Raineyrocks

• Enemy of the State
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2007, 07:30 PM NHFT »

Kat, I have my cell phone and home phone so if there is a way you want to test this let me know how and I will. :)

error

• Heartbreaker
  • Freedom Fighter
    • Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2007, 02:02 AM NHFT »

Porc-411 should accept at least 4 simultaneous calls.

Kat Kanning

• Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2007, 06:25 AM NHFT »

Cool, thanks.

error

• Heartbreaker
  • Freedom Fighter
    • Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2008, 09:47 AM NHFT »

It seems there's some disagreement, again, as to what Porc-411 should be used for.

Please feel free to disagree, and please feel free to share your opinion with me, but realize that since I'm the person footing the bill for the service, what's an appropriate use for the system is my decision.

If you don't like my decision, you may persuade me to change my mind (it happens on occasion) or you may start your own service.

KBCraig

• Childish in charge
  • Global Moderator
  • Enemy of the State
  • Spazzing for Freedom
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2008, 10:23 AM NHFT »

Yeah, that was pretty silly... calling Porc411 to gripe about someone's use of Porc411.

slim

• FTL Amplifier/ DownsizeDC(er)
  • Protector of the Innocent
  • Freedom Fanatic
    • My Blog
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2008, 01:32 PM NHFT »

It seems there's some disagreement, again, as to what Porc-411 should be used for.

Please feel free to disagree, and please feel free to share your opinion with me, but realize that since I'm the person footing the bill for the service, what's an appropriate use for the system is my decision.

If you don't like my decision, you may persuade me to change my mind (it happens on occasion) or you may start your own service.

Porc 411 is the property of error and just like any other property you have the right to set any rules you wish. The only thing I might suggest is that people be able to get off the porc 411 list if they request (this could be as simple as sending error a e-mail from the account that they would like to remove with the subject of remove). I don't know anyone that would want to remove themselves from the list but someone could if they have a strong disagreement with the terms or if they were not aware of what the service was used for.

error

• Heartbreaker
  • Freedom Fighter
    • Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2008, 01:48 PM NHFT »

The link to unsubscribe is in every message.

Russell Kanning

• Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
  • The Nonviolent Revolution starts here
    • russellkanning.com blog
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2008, 03:13 PM NHFT »

that's too easy ... even a guy on a hike could do it :)

slim

• FTL Amplifier/ DownsizeDC(er)
  • Protector of the Innocent
  • Freedom Fanatic
    • My Blog
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2008, 04:28 PM NHFT »

I apologize (Error please forgive me for my incompetence I am currently on pharmaceuticals and am a bit slow) I did not notice the unsubsribe on the linked webpage. With that there I see no reason why anyone should have any complaints about porc 411 if they do not like what it is being used for they can opt out and never receive a message again.

error

• Heartbreaker
  • Freedom Fighter
    • Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2008, 10:43 AM NHFT »

Porc 411 has been changed so as to record indefinitely regardless of silence.

Raineyrocks

• Enemy of the State
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12 AM NHFT »

I apologize (Error please forgive me for my incompetence I am currently on pharmaceuticals and am a bit slow) I did not notice the unsubsribe on the linked webpage. With that there I see no reason why anyone should have any complaints about porc 411 if they do not like what it is being used for they can opt out and never receive a message again.

Hi Slim!

I hope everything is okay health wise!   I like the way you wrote your apology, "forgive my incompetence", and if you can even spell pharmaceuitcals, I'd say you need to call your doctor and get the dose upped!   Big Smiley, (I have no smiley bar)! 

I hope you get better!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up