• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

The idea behind Porc 411 is, well, to inform. If you want to inform, you call. If you want to be informed, you subscribe.

Kat Kanning

Did you know Porc411 got mentioned on LewRockwell a while back?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/mcpherson10.html

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 26, 2009, 02:01 PM NHFT
Did you know Porc411 got mentioned on LewRockwell a while back?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/mcpherson10.html

I've met Scott. He seems like a really good guy.

Dave Ridley

as of early morning 3/5/09 porc 411 mailbox is said to be full

but there have been no porc 411 messages in the last 24 hours i think

Coconut

Has anyone, at least one time ever, benefited from a speed trap report? Seriously wondering.

I can understand if we want people to show up for some speed trap or checkpoint protest, but just an alert?

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Coconut on April 07, 2009, 08:56 AM NHFT
Has anyone, at least one time ever, benefited from a speed trap report? Seriously wondering.

I don't know. I haven't, but I consider announcing speed traps over an information message line to be a courtesy. It's a matter of luck whether you'll happen to be in the right place at the right time when an alert comes in, but as more and more porcs move here, the odds go up that someone will benefit from it. I think.

Coconut

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 07, 2009, 09:00 AM NHFT

I don't know. I haven't, but I consider announcing speed traps over an information message line to be a courtesy. It's a matter of luck whether you'll happen to be in the right place at the right time when an alert comes in, but as more and more porcs move here, the odds go up that someone will benefit from it. I think.

How many people get e-mail on their phone, check it while driving, and listen to a Porc 411 while driving?

I have never, but then again I don't have e-mail on my phone.

slim

I do get porc 411 messages sent to my BlackBerry via MMS and sometimes listen to the messages when driving. All I have to do is open the message and the message starts playing. To open the message and listen to it is less of a distraction then to make a phone call.

Kat Kanning

I can understand if we want people to show up for some speed trap or checkpoint protest, but just an alert?

The one from Kevin this morning was helpful for me.  We're going to drive thru that area and it's good to know that something is going on. 

I can see it coming in handy for me, seeing as how I have a right foot that habitually extends while I'm behind the wheel. I too get the alerts on my phone.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Andrew on April 07, 2009, 06:02 PM NHFT
I can see it coming in handy for me, seeing as how I have a right foot that habitually extends while I'm behind the wheel. I too get the alerts on my phone.

I just get vibrations from my phone when someone calls me.   I can't complain if I put it in the right place!  >:D    For the record:  the "right place" doesn't include me removing any clothing in case anyone was going to think like that.

Coconut

FYI (so nobody else calls) - The most recent porc411 caller from the Community Kitchen has been called back and informed that she called a mass voicemail. She is clear that she probably does not want to call it again, and has alternative contact numbers.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Coconut on April 08, 2009, 12:15 PM NHFT
FYI (so nobody else calls) - The most recent porc411 caller from the Community Kitchen has been called back and informed that she called a mass voicemail. She is clear that she probably does not want to call it again, and has alternative contact numbers.

Good to know, but my two curiosities remain: how did the Community Kitchen learn of Porc411, and what transpired twixt them and Yadra? I guess I'll ask Yadra when next I see him.

Coconut

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 08, 2009, 12:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on April 08, 2009, 12:15 PM NHFT

Good to know, but my two curiosities remain: how did the Community Kitchen learn of Porc411, and what transpired twixt them and Yadra? I guess I'll ask Yadra when next I see him.

Posted on FreeKeene forums.

KBCraig

Gee, if error had just been there to "press 1", we could all be going to Disney. For free! It's all been paid for!