• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

toowm

The email says how long the message is. If it's under 10 seconds, I assume it was a test or a mistake.

d_goddard

Quote from: toowm on August 09, 2007, 09:33 AM NHFT
The email says how long the message is. If it's under 10 seconds, I assume it was a test or a mistake.
"This is Joe Porc, on the highway, a couple of black SUVs are pulling up alongside me, they have machine guns and I BANG! *silence*"
-EOM-

Total time: 8 sec

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on August 09, 2007, 09:44 AM NHFT
"This is Joe Porc, on the highway, a couple of black SUVs are pulling up alongside me, they have machine guns and I BANG! *silence*"
-EOM-

Total time: 8 sec
which highway was that ... we need to get some folks out there!

toowm

That Joe is such a kidder.

error

Denis, would you care to record a new outgoing message to replace the existing one?

P.S. If you sent me a message for the MMS test, I'll send you a test recording, so you can make sure everything is compatible with your phone. Please let me know that you received it or if something went wrong.

d_goddard

Quote from: Beavis on August 09, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT
Denis, would you care to record a new outgoing message to replace the existing one?
Will do. MP3 OK?

Quote from: Beavis on August 09, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT
P.S. If you sent me a message for the MMS test
Not me. I'm not an MMS kinda guy.

error

Yeah, a high quality MP3 would be fine. Thanks!

Also it seems that some people, even though they expressed interest, haven't bothered to sign up to have MMS messages delivered to their phones. If this is you, now is the time.

dalebert

QuoteDear NHFree User:

Just wanted to let you know you were just left a 0:02 long message
(number 1)
in mailbox 16034130411 from Cell Phone   AZ, on Sunday, August 12, 2007
at 11:50:41 PM so you might
want to check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!

--Asterisk

I'm getting a lot of these. I'm thinking perhaps someone has a speeddial set to Porc411 and their phone isn't locked or something. Phone's in pocket, you sit down, your pants squeeze the numbers... *shrug*

error

Quote from: dalebert on August 13, 2007, 08:18 AM NHFT
I'm getting a lot of these. I'm thinking perhaps someone has a speeddial set to Porc411 and their phone isn't locked or something. Phone's in pocket, you sit down, your pants squeeze the numbers... *shrug*

It's people who have been calling the system to see what it does, because they've never seen anything like it before. Porc-411 got a lot of national attention with Dave's open carry incident a week ago.

Lloyd Danforth

I, apparently burned up 80 minutes calling my friend's beeper with my crappy 'tracfone', while it was in my pocket :P

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Beavis on August 10, 2007, 07:36 PM NHFT
Yeah, a high quality MP3 would be fine. Thanks!

Also it seems that some people, even though they expressed interest, haven't bothered to sign up to have MMS messages delivered to their phones. If this is you, now is the time.

I'm having technical difficulties.  I can only address MMS messages to a number, not a text string, but sending it to the Porc 411 number didn't work.

d_goddard

FWIW, I recorded a little greeting on my iPod but can't download the MP3 to a computer until I return home this coming weekend.

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on August 13, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFT
I, apparently burned up 80 minutes calling my friend's beeper with my crappy 'tracfone', while it was in my pocket :P
If your tracfone is a Nokia, you should be able to lock the keypad to prevent accidental calls by pressing 'menu' then *.  Unlocking is by the same key sequence.

FTL_Ian

Perhaps the system could refuse messages from blocked numbers?

One came in today from 0000000000 that said "douche bags".   ::)

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 13, 2007, 12:27 PM NHFT
Perhaps the system could refuse messages from blocked numbers?
Personally I don't like that notion. There could be any number of reasons why a validly urgent message did not have the directory information, including a call from behind a PBX or incompatible cell provider.

The Honor System will accomplish a lot of good screening, if it's made explicit with a message.