• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

i like the idea of starting to send messages out to phone subscribers , even tho it's not yet reliable.  better an unreliable phone set up then none at all, and the unreliable version should lead to reliable.

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 13, 2007, 12:27 PM NHFT
Perhaps the system could refuse messages from blocked numbers?

One came in today from 0000000000 that said "douche bags".   ::)

It's kind of annoying, but not really a problem yet.
If it gets to five or more a day (or whatever number of pranks) then we should start implementing some form of blocks.

Bald Eagle

Clearly there are people out there expressly requesting and desperately in need of our attention.  If the caller's phone number were provided, we could all call them back and give them our undivided attention.

error

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 13, 2007, 12:27 PM NHFT
Perhaps the system could refuse messages from blocked numbers?

One came in today from 0000000000 that said "douche bags".   ::)

Woohoo, our first crank caller!

Quote from: d_goddard on August 13, 2007, 12:47 PM NHFT
Personally I don't like that notion. There could be any number of reasons why a validly urgent message did not have the directory information, including a call from behind a PBX or incompatible cell provider.

Don't worry, I know how to block these pathetic excuses for people without keeping out anyone who legitimately needs to get in.

guy

Quote from: Beavis on September 12, 2006, 08:26 AM NHFT
I'm still working on getting the web page to add yourself to the email list to work. In the meantime you can PM me your email address and I'll add it in manually.

You can subscribe to get the emails here.

Anybody on the list will then be emailed a copy of voicemails left at the number 603-413-0411 immediately after they come in.

Doesn't seem to work for gmail addresses...    :(

EDIT:  Ne'er mind.  Impatience is not a virtue...

error

There are plenty of subscribers using gmail. You will have to be more specific as to the trouble you're having.

FTL_Ian

I spaced out and forgot that I'm no longer controlling the DNS entries for NHFree.com, so this is a long time coming but:

http://411.nhfree.com

...is now working.   :icon_pirat:

error

Quote from: d_goddard on August 09, 2007, 01:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on August 09, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT
Denis, would you care to record a new outgoing message to replace the existing one?
Will do. MP3 OK?

Hey Denis, whatever happened to this?

Raineyrocks

I'm on the list, has anyone tried calling me?  Just wondering if my cell phone is picking up or not?  Am I just supposed to only use the Porc 911 number if something is happening?

Sorry for all the questions! :-\

d_goddard

Quote from: error on September 06, 2007, 02:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on August 09, 2007, 01:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on August 09, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT
Denis, would you care to record a new outgoing message to replace the existing one?
Will do. MP3 OK?

Hey Denis, whatever happened to this?
Tale of woe.
The mobo for the computer my iPod is registered to is currently in RMA status  >:(

error

You use iTunes? Nevermind, I don't want to know...

dalebert

Quote from: raineyrocks on September 06, 2007, 06:40 AM NHFT
Am I just supposed to only use the Porc 911 number if something is happening?

There's a Porc 911 now?

Kat Kanning

I'm on the list, has anyone tried calling me?  Just wondering if my cell phone is picking up or not?  Am I just supposed to only use the Porc 911 number if something is happening?

Are you talking about the emergency call list rather than the 411 number?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 06, 2007, 11:33 AM NHFT

Are you talking about the emergency call list rather than the 411 number?

:duh:  Sorry I meant 411. 

Kat Kanning

What's the [porcupine 411] list I seem to have been put on?