• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SAK

Is there a more original, higher-quality copy of this available?  This may be important for me if so.  Does Error still run this, and is there a way to contact him?

It may be useful to up the quality on the thing (not to criticize, as I think it's an AWESOME thing and great work was done on it).

FTL_Ian

Suggestion for using Porcupine 411 ( crossposted here: http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11174.0 )

If you are in a situation where you need people to show up urgently as error and supperman15 were in today, consider this.

If possible, call Porc 411 and leave a short message with your name, time, quick incident description, and location.  Then call back, and record the scene.  This way the first message will go out immediately to the list and decrease response time.  Today's message was 15 minutes long, which means that the goons had already been there for a quarter of an hour before the message hit our e-mail boxes.

I understand that depending on the situation, utilizing this suggestion may not always be possible, but you should consider it as an option.

Kat Kanning

Can multiple people call in to porc411 at a time, or will the second person get a busy signal?

Puke

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 05, 2007, 05:53 PM NHFT
Can multiple people call in to porc411 at a time, or will the second person get a busy signal?

Conduct a test.
I only have one phone.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 05, 2007, 05:53 PM NHFT

Kat, I have my cell phone and home phone so if there is a way you want to test this let me know how and I will. :)

error

Porc-411 should accept at least 4 simultaneous calls.

Kat Kanning

error

It seems there's some disagreement, again, as to what Porc-411 should be used for.

Please feel free to disagree, and please feel free to share your opinion with me, but realize that since I'm the person footing the bill for the service, what's an appropriate use for the system is my decision.

If you don't like my decision, you may persuade me to change my mind (it happens on occasion) or you may start your own service.

KBCraig

Yeah, that was pretty silly... calling Porc411 to gripe about someone's use of Porc411.

slim

Quote from: error on June 02, 2008, 08:47 AM NHFT
It seems there's some disagreement, again, as to what Porc-411 should be used for.

Please feel free to disagree, and please feel free to share your opinion with me, but realize that since I'm the person footing the bill for the service, what's an appropriate use for the system is my decision.

If you don't like my decision, you may persuade me to change my mind (it happens on occasion) or you may start your own service.

Porc 411 is the property of error and just like any other property you have the right to set any rules you wish. The only thing I might suggest is that people be able to get off the porc 411 list if they request (this could be as simple as sending error a e-mail from the account that they would like to remove with the subject of remove). I don't know anyone that would want to remove themselves from the list but someone could if they have a strong disagreement with the terms or if they were not aware of what the service was used for.

error

The link to unsubscribe is in every message.

Russell Kanning

that's too easy ... even a guy on a hike could do it :)

slim

Quote from: error on June 02, 2008, 12:48 PM NHFT

I apologize (Error please forgive me for my incompetence I am currently on pharmaceuticals and am a bit slow) I did not notice the unsubsribe on the linked webpage. With that there I see no reason why anyone should have any complaints about porc 411 if they do not like what it is being used for they can opt out and never receive a message again.

error

Porc 411 has been changed so as to record indefinitely regardless of silence.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: slim on June 02, 2008, 03:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on June 02, 2008, 12:48 PM NHFT

I apologize (Error please forgive me for my incompetence I am currently on pharmaceuticals and am a bit slow) I did not notice the unsubsribe on the linked webpage. With that there I see no reason why anyone should have any complaints about porc 411 if they do not like what it is being used for they can opt out and never receive a message again.

Hi Slim!

I hope everything is okay health wise!   I like the way you wrote your apology, "forgive my incompetence", and if you can even spell pharmaceuitcals, I'd say you need to call your doctor and get the dose upped!   Big Smiley, (I have no smiley bar)! 

I hope you get better!