• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: error on November 17, 2008, 03:01 PM NHFT
Oops, sorry. It got busted in the server maintenance the other day. It's fixed now.

I'm getting an authentication challenge on the iTunes subscription.

The feed loads, just not the media files.  e.g.:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Porcupine411/~3/456409735/c290db65abcd787b010b30de69179913.mp3

error

Hm, yeah, you're right. Something's not right and I haven't found it yet.

OK, I think it's fixed. Try again.

bill_mcgonigle

Lloyd Danforth

There are two Porc 411 messages.  The first on is from Will Buchanan who is having engine trouble about 20 miles west of brattelboro on rt. 9.
I couldn't open the one that came later.

Jim Johnson

Dalebert is on the way to rescue Will.

Lloyd Danforth

So. Anyone listen to the last two Porc411 calls?   Whats with that?

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 21, 2008, 07:41 PM NHFT
So. Anyone listen to the last two Porc411 calls?   Whats with that?

ColdSoul in Keene looking for people to hang with?I don't consider it too odd or a misuse of Porc411. It's 411 after all, not 911. And he's a brand spanking new mover, I think, trying to meet Keeniacs.

Lloyd Danforth

OK.  I'll start ignoring  Porc 411.  I thought it was for emergencies.

Mike Barskey

From the porc-411 website:

You can use Porcupine 411 to participate in New Hampshire's growing liberty movement. Some things which Porcupine 411 can be used for include:
  • Locations of speed traps and sobriety checkpoints
  • Reporting unusual or improper police activity (Copwatch)
  • Distress calls in case of roadside detention or imminent arrest
  • Upcoming social events, activities or almost anything else of immediate interest to liberty lovers
(my bold)

ColdSoul

Sorry if anyone was upset at my 411 call's. I just wanted to know where the people for Social Sunday went on the 2nd one. I previously informed everyone I was going to call when I was getting close to Keene to meet up.

Mike Barskey

I wasn't upset. I guess Lloyd was, but I'll let him speak for himself. In my opinion, that's what Porc411 is for. And welcome to NH!

Coconut

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 21, 2008, 09:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 21, 2008, 07:41 PM NHFT
So. Anyone listen to the last two Porc411 calls?   Whats with that?

ColdSoul in Keene looking for people to hang with?I don't consider it too odd or a misuse of Porc411. It's 411 after all, not 911. And he's a brand spanking new mover, I think, trying to meet Keeniacs.

Would have been best if he had someone's number, but we were able to get him to come meet people because of his call.

Sam A. Robrin

Did I err?
I'd thought Porc 411 was for emergencies, too, but when it was suggested I phone it, I figured that must mean it's all right.  Believe me, it's beginning to seem like an emergency at my end!
Plan right now is to leave December 26, and try to get there in time for Social Sunday (in a road-weary condition guaranteed to make the best possible first impression . . . !).  Plans are, however, changing hourly.  Apologies if I screwed up.

dalebert

I don't think either of you used it inappropriately. Sam, just be sure you work out a place to stay before you head out. It can be hard to find lodging here. We're working on expanding our options but it's a work in progress.

dalebert