• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

Quote from: Coconut on April 07, 2009, 08:56 AM NHFT
Has anyone, at least one time ever, benefited from a speed trap report? Seriously wondering.

I can understand if we want people to show up for some speed trap or checkpoint protest, but just an alert?

I have benefited from using my scanner to know where the revenue generation stations are between me and where I'm going.  They usually announce where they are when they pull someone over...and usually they'll be in that general area for a while and if it's 10-15 miles up, in 10-15 minutes they'll be ready for another victimless criminal.

error

Speaking of Porc-411, if you want this service to continue, please consider making a one-time or recurring contribution to defray my expenses in running the service. You can do so at www.porcupine411.com .

Coconut

Quote from: error on April 16, 2009, 06:51 PM NHFT
Speaking of Porc-411, if you want this service to continue, please consider making a one-time or recurring contribution to defray my expenses in running the service. You can do so at www.porcupine411.com .

This is so valuable, it's not if we want this service to continue, we need this service to continue. I do hope you will not be ashamed to ask for donations in other venues: ridleyreports, Free Keene forums, etc. Especially if it is in danger of shutting down.

I will send a small amount now and more at another date.

FTL_Ian

Error,

With the continued influx of Keene activists and Keene related porc-411s, I was initially thinking of launching a Keene number, but realized that could get confusing having multiple numbers.  Is it possible to set asterisk up to where options are available to the Porc 411 caller?  Perhaps they could be given a message like this:

"Porc 411.  To leave your message to be broadcast to activists across New Hampshire, press # at any time during this message.  If you want activist response, please give out who, when, what's happening, and where you are then hang up so that message can be delivered immediately.  Then call back and record the scene.  To deliver your message only to recipients in specific areas, press 1 for Manchester area, 2 for Keene area, 3 for Concord area, 4 for portsmouth, etc."

Then, users of Porc 411 could specify in their account settings what areas' messages they want.

Easy to implement?  Too ambitious?

Lloyd Danforth

I'd like to hear from him!

TackleTheWorld

I've been so panicky calling Porc411 at times I have trouble pushing one button correctly.  I think the default broadcast should be to everyone so if you're in fight or flight mode you can still do it effectively.  Maybe you can put in your broadcast area options at the end, or just hang up.

CJS

As an "outsider" I think the porc 411 concept is such a fantastic idea that I would like to contribute . I will do that right after I post this .

I think having a separate number that was for informational purposes would be perfect , if it worked the same way . I have no idea the cost involved but would be happy to contribute to that as well.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on July 15, 2009, 11:38 AM NHFT
I've been so panicky calling Porc411 at times I have trouble pushing one button correctly.  I think the default broadcast should be to everyone so if you're in fight or flight mode you can still do it effectively.  Maybe you can put in your broadcast area options at the end, or just hang up.

That's a good point.  Perhaps a quick instruction to press # when finished if the user wants to utilize delivery options, then they can be told what they are.  Good timesaver.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on July 15, 2009, 06:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: TackleTheWorld on July 15, 2009, 11:38 AM NHFT

That's a good point.  Perhaps a quick instruction to press # when finished if the user wants to utilize delivery options, then they can be told what they are.  Good timesaver.

I think the instructions that exist now are too long. If someone gets detained by surprise walking down the street, and immediately calls Porc411, the first 10–15 seconds of the interaction isn't going to be recorded.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on July 15, 2009, 08:20 PM NHFT
I think the instructions that exist now are too long. If someone gets detained by surprise walking down the street, and immediately calls Porc411, the first 10–15 seconds of the interaction isn't going to be recorded.

I agree. Why do you have a disclaimer about telling callers to alert people they're being recorded? Is it a CYA kind of thing? How many Porc411 callers don't care about the legalities of alerting people they're being recorded, anyway?

I think a very brief introduction would be better, like "You've called Porc411. <beep>" Instructions afterwards would be great, like pressing certain numbers to distribute the message to Keeniacs only, or to mark it as emergency vs. informational, or whatever.

Keep in mind that I think the Porc411 service is awesome and incredibly useful. I'm not intending to critique Porc411, but merely offer suggestions for what I would consider to be improvements.

J’raxis 270145

Websites only make me read their TOS when I sign up, not each time I log in. Perhaps the wiretapping warning should just be included in the initial signup confirmation message.

Coconut

Dale wins porc411 for the day.

Already having a bad work day and then BS porc411s come in pissing me off :)

Dale helped me calm down.

FTL_Ian

Dale:  Best Porc 411 EVER!

8) 8) 8)

Jennifer

Porc411 isn't for your paranoid bigfoot crap. Please use it for real activism, Dale.

Tom Sawyer

I'm glad Dale has the courage to take on the Big Foot Issue (B.F.I.) Gryffyn has been out barking in our woods today, I am sure it is another Big Foot Sighting (B.F.S.). Now if I can just train her to take photos of the Big Hairy Devil (B.H.D.)!