• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

I've redesigned the Porcupine 411 website. Still working on it but by the time it's finished all the various bits should be much better integrated. Let me know what you think.

I'm also just about ready to start offering 411 lines to people in other cities.

FTL_Ian

KBCraig

That's great. Lots of messages aren't really state-wide or porc-wide. I know some open carry folks in other states were interested, maybe they'll buy your service.

error

The integration work I've been doing on Porc 411 over the weekend is complete.

The mailing list software, telephony switch, web site and podcast are all completely integrated through custom code. When a message comes in to any of the lines, it is automatically converted to MP3 and posted to the mailing list, web site and podcast.

As you've noticed this afternoon, messages are now coming through in MP3 format and the text is formatted slightly differently to take into account some suggestions I've received from subscribers.

Now, I am able to support nationwide service with multiple local numbers, supported by people in those local areas. Anyone in nearly any part of the lower 48 states will be able to sign up for their own phone number (as soon as I write the signup page; it's the last and only item on the to-do list now). Local groups or individuals who obtain their own Porc 411 line will also get access to the fully integrated platform, including their own mailing list, web site, podcast and blog. You can see an example of this at http://nh.porcupine411.com/ where the current number has been moved.

I'm still doing a bit of performance tuning, to cut down the time it takes to deliver messages (a minute is too long).

I'm also still working on upcoming features, such as Twitter and Facebook integration. More on those later.

Jim Johnson

Wow... Damn Cool!   :)  and Thank You!

porcupine kate

Thank you for all your work.  This is such a wonderful service you provide.

TackleTheWorld

Lloyd Danforth

error

Thank you all!

The first new number, for the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, went live this afternoon. Hopefully soon we'll have the whole country networked.

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

KBCraig

I referred some Utah open carry folks your way.

error

Quote from: KBCraig on November 16, 2009, 08:59 PM NHFT
I referred some Utah open carry folks your way.

Yep, I've been talking to them. I think they're wanting to set up an independent system.

FTL_Ian

Anyone else with a blackberry having trouble retrieving files from Porc411's emails over the past few days, or is it just me?

error

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 19, 2009, 10:05 PM NHFT
Anyone else with a blackberry having trouble retrieving files from Porc411's emails over the past few days, or is it just me?

It's the first I've heard of it.