• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Okay, just did a little more testing.  I sent a short .mp3 to my blackberry email and it downloaded and opened fine.  I cannot do either to the last several Porc411 emails, even though the message claims to have an attachment.

The last working Porc411 Attachment was J Chouinard's on 12/18 10:01a. 

The next message was something I'd never seen from Porc 411.  At 11:34a another message came from J Chouinard, but there was no attachment at all.  This was confusing to me, but I just figured that's what happened if someone hung up real fast.

After that message all Porc 411s have had attachments, but none will download to my phone.

Further testing:  I just forwarded the most recent Porc 411 (12/20 11:56a) to my regular @ftl email, and the attachment came along fine.

So it seems blackberry's email servers are refusing to deliver your email attachments to me while the attachment test I just did works fine.  Strange.

error

BlackBerry's utterly broken, then. I'll see if I can't work around their cluelessness.

FTL_Ian

Did you make a change to how things were delivered on 12/18?  After Chouinard's message that had no attachment was one from you.  This was the first with an attachment that would not download.

error

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 20, 2009, 11:26 AM NHFT
Did you make a change to how things were delivered on 12/18?  After Chouinard's message that had no attachment was one from you.  This was the first with an attachment that would not download.

Yes, I changed the filename from the UNIX timestamp to a human readable date and time. For instance 2009-12-20_11:53:55.mp3

One of the messages got lost in the conversion, which is why it had no attachment.

I suspect your CrackBerry doesn't like the : in the filename, so I changed the format again. Let me know if the next message doesn't come through.

highline

Hello everyone!  I am back from the abyss!

To all of you who do not follow the thread I have been posting in on FK's forum, but who came out to my hearing, thank you very much  :blush:

Assawyer and I have started a twitter for Porc411.  We figured this would be beneficial for people who are deaf or who do not have spiffy expensive smart-phones.  If you sign up for twitter - you can elect to receive text messages of the messages left. 

We are trying to get the messages out as quickly as possible..... after they come in!

Www.twitter.com/porc411 is the web address.

http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/88962146.rss is the web feed of Porc411 messages.........  :)

Be well!

Brad

FTL_Ian

It is working since you made the new change - thank you!!!   8) 8)

Kat Kanning

Who got arrested last night in Bow for drunk driving?  Giggan's friend?

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 10, 2010, 10:03 AM NHFT
Who got arrested last night in Bow for drunk driving?  Giggan's friend?

I didn't think it was drunk driving, more like public intoxication. They said they were taking him into "protective custody" overnight until he could sober up, then they could come get him. If it had been drunk driving, he'd stay in jail until making bail.

error

We certainly can't have people sleeping it off at home!

Giggan

That was me who called in last night. There's not much to tell, so I won't bother making a new topic for this.

There was a party for a friend of mine at Chen Yang Li in Bow. Maybe 20% of the people there were with our group, and I don't know how many were there in total, but the place was pretty packed.

Shortly before closing, my friend Ian was thrown out by security, but I wasn't there to see what for. When I heard about it, I went outside to make sure everything was under control. The restaurant's security called the blue light gang, and they were there fast. Myself and another friend were staying outside with my banished friend to make sure the security guards didn't get any rougher than necessary. As soon as the police arrived, even though we had already called someone who was on their way to pick him up, the security guards told the cops, "This guy needs a ride home tonight" (implying that he should be arrested). We tried telling the cops he had a ride coming, but they were more interested in talking to him alone. Talking to the two officers, he was close enough that we could hear what they were saying. My friend was not being quite as respectful as I would have preferred he be, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be caged over it. He basically pissed off the cops enough that they decided that they weren't going to let him catch a ride home and decided to detain him. It was over pretty quickly, hence the brevity of the porc 411. I should have thought to pull out my phone sooner, but I doubt it would have made much difference.

I apologize if my message left people hanging, it was my first time using the service. I'll remember to include a clearer synopsis of the situation at the end of the call next time. Many thanks to Kurt for calling me shortly afterwards and checking to make sure everything was okay (or as okay as it could be).

I talked to Ian briefly a few minutes ago and he's safely out of the cage. He was busy and told me he'd get into the details later. I'm pretty sure it was just protective custody they placed him under, as opposed to a formal arrest with charges and whatnot. I'm not totally sure of the legal differences, as you're locked up nonetheless.

I was thinking as we left, that the reason my friend spent a night in jail instead of at home was only because he insulted the cops. Yet another don't talk to cops lesson. Though I'm not surprised my friend didn't react to well to being told what to do by men with badges and guns. He'd been illegally detained and harassed by cops in Boston last year, which I imagine was on his mind during this encounter.

It was quite a hectic night as I wasn't even supposed to be in town...I had a flight back to Florida for school earlier in the day that was canceled which gave me an extra night in Concord. I had to wake up early this morning to catch three planes down here, and just arrived a couple hours ago. I'll be back for good in May.

error

Jim Johnson

Happy Birthday error!   :Bacon_by_danniep: :Bacon_by_danniep: :Bacon_by_danniep: :V_mask_50: :occasion15: :party-smiley-020:

Thank You for the P-411 service!   ;D

Lloyd Danforth

FTL_Ian

Nice bday gift from the monitor, error.  I blogged it to get you a few extra eyes.

I wonder how many new subscribers you'll get today?   8)

error

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 19, 2010, 10:16 AM NHFT
Nice bday gift from the monitor, error.  I blogged it to get you a few extra eyes.

I wonder how many new subscribers you'll get today?   8)

3, so far.