• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine 411

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 12, 2006, 08:20 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

error

Hey, since Russell phoned in a test message a short while ago, I want to make sure everybody can actually play the files. They play fine on MY computer, but... :) Let me know if the latest file gave you a problem playing it. Especially if you have a Mac or Windows.

TackleTheWorld

I can't even subscribe.
No confirmation email.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 15, 2006, 02:50 PM NHFT
I am doing a copwatch article for our paper. Who would like to be email interviewed?

I love to talk cops.   8)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: error on September 15, 2006, 04:25 PM NHFT
Hey, since Russell phoned in a test message a short while ago, I want to make sure everybody can actually play the files. They play fine on MY computer, but... :) Let me know if the latest file gave you a problem playing it. Especially if you have a Mac or Windows.

Sounds fine.  Awesome job.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: error on September 14, 2006, 01:06 PM NHFT
Right now I'm in Madison, Wisconsin! But I'm coming to NH just as soon as my lease here ends (or I can get out of it) and as soon as I figure out exactly where in NH to move to!

Any objection to Keene?

KBCraig

Worked great for me.

MacOS X 10.2.8 on a G4/733 (an upgraded B&W G3/350). I use Eudora for email, and it played just fine in the mail window.

I need to set a script to forward these messages to my work account.

Edit to add:
My mail provider is pobox.com, which has good spam filters. I do sometimes have to whitelist addresses that get false flags, but this came through just fine.

Kevin

error

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on September 15, 2006, 06:33 PM NHFT
I can't even subscribe.
No confirmation email.

I got bounce messages for (username) @verizon.net. They seem to be refusing my mail, but the bounce messages doesn't say why. (I'm not on any spam blacklists. I looked.) If this is you then you might try a different address for now, while I go yell at Verizon to see what's wrong with their mail service.

error

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 15, 2006, 11:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on September 14, 2006, 01:06 PM NHFT
Right now I'm in Madison, Wisconsin! But I'm coming to NH just as soon as my lease here ends (or I can get out of it) and as soon as I figure out exactly where in NH to move to!

Any objection to Keene?

I've got no particular objection to Keene or anywhere else (except perhaps Manchester). I just don't really know any of the areas.

FTL_Ian

Keene has just about every amenity one could need:

Wal Mart, Home Depot, Price Choppers (24-7 Grocery!), Circuit City, Staples, and more all within a few miles.

Not to mention a burgeoning nonviolent resistance movement.   8)

Francisck

When i move i surely want to move to keene :)

error

24/7 Price Choppers? Sign me up. This ridiculous town doesn't know the meaning of 24/7, and it's ten times Keene's size. I'm absolutely SICK of people with guns and badges telling me that I can't go grocery shopping at four in the morning on a Sunday.

FTL_Ian

While Price Choppers rocks, Wal Mart needs some help.  Keene zoning is really oppressive, apparently.  According to the Wal Mart employees I've spoken with, the zoning board is prohibiting them from building a Supercenter.  I also think they are very restrictive on signage, but not positive on that aspect.

It was a bit of a shock to move here and not have a 24/7 WalMart around.  I felt better when I found Price Choppers.  They are a huge, new store, in a shopping plaza loaded with big places to shop.

FTL_Ian

Francisck