• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Can this possibly be right? - concealed weapons permit

Started by 9thmoon, September 12, 2006, 02:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Quote from: Armed_Tennesseean on October 18, 2006, 03:14 PM NHFTIm not too clear on the process because im two years from being legally able to carry in my state and im not going to worry about the criteria until it gets a little bit closer to that time.

Move to NH...  I think the youngest recipient of a CCW on record was 12, if I recall correctly.

Quote from: Armed_Tennesseean on October 18, 2006, 03:14 PM NHFTCould it be the Chief of Police? Because I have also heard several times from several different people that in some areas it does need to be cleared by the Chief of Police(which is what I meant by Sheriff).

It would actually do me some good to get that cleared up if ya dont mind.

The Sheriff and the Chief of Police are two different things.  The Chief of Police is involved in the CCW process (or, delegates it to a subordinate).  The Sheriff and his deputies are not.  The State Police issue non-resident CCW's

Joe

Armed_Tennesseean

^^^^

I realize that. I didnt mean to type sheriff.

Its funny, I found out about this whole movement the other day on Digg and im pretty enchanted with it.

error

Quote from: Armed_Tennesseean on October 18, 2006, 05:30 PM NHFT
Its funny, I found out about this whole movement the other day on Digg and im pretty enchanted with it.

So when are you moving to NH? Sooner or later? ;D

Dreepa

^^^^

Welcome
Come on up and join us.
There are even some people on this board in TN.

Pat K

Quote from: Dreepa on October 18, 2006, 07:44 PM NHFT
^^^^

Welcome
Come on up and join us.
There are even some people on this board in TN.

Yeah but one of them is old and may not always remember he is in TN. :)

error

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Armed_Tennesseean on October 18, 2006, 09:28 AM NHFT
If the Sherriff needs to interview potential CCW holders, then the people of that town need to do character reviews of police recruits.

Seriously, if they dont want crazy civilians owning guns, then we dont want crazy cops owning guns.

well put , AT

Fluff and Stuff

In TN, you pay $75-$125 and take an 8 hour class and a couple tests.  You do this by contacting a gun store in your area or doing a search (web or phone book).  If you can get the time off and pass the class, you take your stuff down to the DMV and wait in line for a couple hours.  You will out some stuff, pay more fees and wait several months.  I left out the part where you get finger printed, that took me another few hours.l  Sadly, I am unable to carry my gun in most places in TN so I just leave it at home most of the time.  Because of this, I don't really care to get real good with it right now, anyway.