• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Killington residents vote again to join NH

Started by Russell Kanning, March 02, 2005, 09:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

AlanM

I am Don Quixote,
The Man of La Mancha.

Go Killington!

Russell Kanning

GT

Looks like they may have a lot to gain:

"Our family is very close to being unable to live in Killington," one man said, noting that his taxes have risen from $2,200 five years ago to $10,000."

Pat K

No dont bite the tax assessor, there is no telling what kind of awful disease you could catch.

(scratches dog behind ear, good doggie)

AlanM

Had a thought. (Don't say it Lloyd. >:D) What if we held a "Welcome To NH" rally for Killington, et al. Can we get enough people to have a decent rally? Maybe in front of the Statehouse. Good idea? Bad idea? (You can say it now Lloyd.)

Russell Kanning

...would it be better in NH or in Killington?
We could have a huge meet and greet in Killington .... show them how porcupines live 8)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AlanM on March 03, 2005, 09:52 PM NHFT
Had a thought. (Don't say it Lloyd. >:D) What if we held a "Welcome To NH" rally for Killington, et al. Can we get enough people to have a decent rally? Maybe in front of the Statehouse. Good idea? Bad idea? (You can say it now Lloyd.)

When you had this thought, did the room fill with smoke? Actually not a bad idea.  We could have it in White River Junction, combine it with a Memorial for Shorty.

Kat Kanning

That's it!!!!  I'm beating the next person who talks about SHORTY!!!!!!

GT

Quote from: katdillon on March 04, 2005, 08:32 AM NHFT
That's it!!!!? I'm beating the next person who talks about SHORTY!!!!!!

I'm new and don't want to be beaten or banned ;). So what's all this talk about Mr. Verticaly Challenged?

Kat Kanning

I have no idea what they're talking about. 

You don't need to worry about being beaten or banned ;)

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on March 04, 2005, 05:44 AM NHFT
...would it be better in NH or in Killington?
We could have a huge meet and greet in Killington .... show them how porcupines live 8)

I was thinking (there I go again. The smoke detector just went off.), it might be cool to have it in NH, letting the towns know we support them and would welcome them. Also, it might put a little heat on Lynch.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on March 04, 2005, 09:45 AM NHFT
got better traction in snow on four legs--vertically challenged......see how lands on their butts first

You would, before, lets say, a Corgie!

AlanM

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on March 04, 2005, 10:49 AM NHFT
toy dogs are an insult to the working dog class---what this about - half- butted whoppins,

long tail also gives working dogs good balance----vertically challenged is over-rated

Wouldn't vertically challenged be UNDER-RATED?  ;D