• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Fun at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 15, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Yeah some of you guys curse way to much.  :)

Pat K

Well I was gonna come up for fun tomorrow, but my relief just called in sick. I hope to come up Sun.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Pat K on November 10, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT
Well I was gonna come up for fun tomorrow, but my relief just called in sick. I hope to come up Sun.

Ah too bad. Three nail guns and two miter saws, plus the cement mixer humming away... the construction concerto. :D

Sunday 70% chance of rain.

John

Pat, I'll try to be in Winchester to cover your Saturday shift there.  What time does the Winchester shift start?  8)

John

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 10, 2006, 06:33 PM NHFTThree nail guns and two miter saws, plus the cement mixer humming away... the construction concerto. :D

I miss the music.  I can hardly waight to be back in the orchestra.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: John on November 10, 2006, 06:55 PM NHFT

Pat, I'll try to be in Winchester to cover your Saturday shift there.  What time does the Winchester shift start?  8)

Well John, as safety officer, you should arrive at sunrise to assess the conditions at the work site... after filling out the appropriate OSHA forms and notifying all pertinent government authorities... ;D ;D ;D   Sorry I can't continue this BS

I think folks will be arriving between 9 and 10 am. :)
See ya at the happening. 8)

John

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 08, 2006, 08:05 AM NHFT
Nov 11 06
Help celebrate Veterans Day by working with some Vets.

Earn NHunderground continuing education credits in concrete 101, framing 101, and bonfire building 101. ;D

The goverment did not have the permission of lots of folks to put them into uniforms and send them off to die "for freedom."  Yet the government thinks that Vets who survived, their families, and everyone else, need government permission to do just about anything/everything?

Am I still in the same country that I was taught was the "freest country in the world," or did they somehow transport me to one of those "evil authoritarian/communist/fascist/police state/totalitarian countries?"

I don't plan on getting any goverment "papers" to help you folks and continuing my education.
See you soon.

KBCraig

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 10, 2006, 06:33 PM NHFT
Ah too bad. Three nail guns and two miter saws, plus the cement mixer humming away... the construction concerto. :D

Sounds a lot like the Fifth Concerto from here.  :)

QuoteSunday 70% chance of rain.

</DadaOrwell>  ;)

Have fun, guys. Wish I was there. I sent Lauren a card and told her what a great job y'all are doing.

Kevin

John

My (voluntary  ;D) report (to the voluntary team) is that so far what I have seen indicates the crew seems to have a high regard for the well being of each other.
Please continue to look after each other.

Tom Sawyer

We were wearing your green helmets the other day...

It was nice to have our noggins protected. :)

Michael Fisher

Do remember to choose a designated security officer and disarm each other according to OSHA regulations while you're working.  ::)

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd, Caleb, William, Elizabeth, Jim and I got things moving forward on the stud walls.

Sue stopped by to deliver her infamous "sticky buns" (I'm now officially addicted). ;D

We got the termite shield and insulation on top of the foundation. Lloyd engineered, and we built some heavy duty saw horses to mount Jim's groovy new miter saw (I'm envious, nice tool).

Took a little while to get a rhythm going, but we got two wall sections build and raised. Man, those are going to be strong walls. 2 x 6 16 in on center.

We also poured another section of foundation in the back room.

We ended the day around the BBQ grill. Sean stopped over and ate chicken and we had a good time.

AlanM

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 12, 2006, 09:17 AM NHFT

Took a little while to get a rhythm going, but we got two wall sections build and raised. Man, those are going to be strong walls. 2 x 6 16 in on center.

2x6's 16" on center is standard construction in NH. Allows for greater insulation in walls.

Tom Sawyer

Helped Jim get some more of the replacement foundation done today.