• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Fun at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 15, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 01, 2006, 11:31 AM NHFT
I think 'Firecracker Joe', who came all the way from Canterbury with a load of sand, was a bit imbarased.  Someone who knows how to contact him should do so and let him know we love him.

:grouphug:  I probably have a snail mail address.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 01, 2006, 11:31 AM NHFT
I think 'Firecracker Joe', who came all the way from Canterbury with a load of sand, was a bit imbarased.  Someone who knows how to contact him should do so and let him know we love him.

And another nickname is coined. :D

We love ya 'Firecracker Joe'.

Signed 'One Eyed Roger'  ;D

Pat K

Yeah Joe, next time we just have to look for more leval ground.  ;D

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on October 01, 2006, 02:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on October 01, 2006, 02:30 AM NHFT
A good time was had by all and some work even got done!!

Details, man, details!

Did beer get drunk in sufficient quantities?

The people must know!

I think just enough Beer was drunk as people had to travel. ( I think I should have just stayed up there for a few more days. I was missing the NH high as soon as I got up today) Lots of work was done, Mark was not bored  ;D though he may be a little tired today.He and Ian wrestled with bags of cement that were almost as heavy as they are. William was a ball of energy and shares Russell's burning gene. The women were kicking butt every time I felt tired, I just looked at them and sucked it up. I was glad to see Jim smile alot during the day. The footing got poured and smoothed by Jim and Whip, block was moved into position and walls backfilled with sand. Lloyd braved falling into the hole many times, to supervise the dumping of it. The only thing missing was Larun brave Lass that she is.

Russell Kanning

How about we do some work at Shorty's basement on Saturday the 7th in the morning?
We could then visit the IRS office in Keene at noon and hit them with water or whatever hits our fancy at the time.
Then we could relax at our house with whoever is left.
With Lauren in jail, I can't get too excited about anything but getting her out or building their place.

Russell Kanning

Maybe we could do some stuff on Monday the 9th with PatK.

Saturday the 14th is open right now also.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

We got some stuff done there this afternoon. We finished off the last of the new foundation and poured one corner of the old part.

We will go there Saturday 10/7 and do more of the same.

Pat K

Good job, knew I should have just stayed around.

Russell Kanning

Well ... it is so weather dependant .... we have to plan to try to help .... but then get thwarted by 2" of rain.

So right now ..... Saturday 10/7 in the morning
Monday 10/9
Saturday 10/14

Russell Kanning

On Saturday some of us can head to Shorty's place and build forms, move rocks/dirt/sand, and lay cement. Some will head to Keene for waterballooning at Noon.
At the end of the day Sean is cooking for us at our house.

If anyone can think of better ideas or changes of plans then let me know. :)

If the weather is bad we might be able to do some at Shorty's but not cement. Then we can hang at our place or something.

Russell Kanning

We got some done today. Tomorrow should be a repeat. It feels good to do something while Lauren rots in jail.

Lloyd Danforth

cathleeninnh

We're staying home tomorrow. Don is on call. Take some more pictures.

Cathleen

Radical_Teen

Take some more pictures.

Cathleen

Will do. If I'm not working too hard I'll take lots. ;D