• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Fun at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 15, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

I Just got an apologetic phone call from Leroy.  He said he will swap me a my sketch of the building for papers recending the 'cease and desist'.  I guess its back to worrying how the buildings going to look.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Facilitator on October 31, 2006, 09:45 AM NHFT
I Just got an apologetic phone call from Leroy.  He said he will swap me a my sketch of the building for papers recending the 'cease and desist'.  I guess its back to worrying how the buildings going to look.

Frickin'  8)

Congrats Jim. :)

Sam Adams

Jim,

Go down to town hall and make him put that it writing. Also get in writing that you will be allowed to keep the trailer until the garage is habitable.

Hell -- what are you supposed to be "ceasing and desisting."

Does he have a partial application for a building permit without a sketch?

Tom Sawyer

Kat Kanning

That's great, Jim!  We didn't even have to get mean on him.

John got some great pictures of midget Kira, too.   ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Facilitator on October 31, 2006, 09:45 AM NHFT

If you want to post or email the dimensions, I and/or possibly someone else could try to draw up something.  I would need L & W of the building and new foundation.  Hieghts of second floor, overhang, where the upper roof facet meets the lower facet and the top of the building.  Also some detail of the change in the roofline on the RT. 119 end.
At least one of Johns images give a good view of the Ashuelot Rd end.  I know I spelled that wrong.

Spencer

I wonder if he's come around to the Underground and embraced freedom and the right to be left alone?

Anyone who is willing to back-off like that and admit when he's wrong can't be all that bad.

Either that or he's afraid of Dada hanging out in his office all day not saying anything or Russell and Kat throwing snowballs at the side of the building.

Jim Johnson

Hey, thanks Lloyd.  I may have to take you up on that.  I have made some rough drawings.  I'll take them in tomorrow and see how bad Leroy hates them, and proceed from there.

That's how we spell Ashuelot here.

KBCraig

Didn't Joe (Maineshark) say that he's got architecture experience, and can provide drawings?

Barterer

I've recently been approved to use the title of "Licensed Professional Engineer" in NH.  So don't pay for one, if the zoning board wants a structural analysis.  Send me a copy of the drawings (as-built, proposed, whatever) and I will check them and affix my oh-so-official stamp.. provided it's a sound design  ;)  Seriously, PM me if that becomes necessary. 

KBCraig

Quote from: Barterer on October 31, 2006, 10:03 PM NHFT
I've recently been approved to use the title of "Licensed Professional Engineer" in NH.  So don't pay for one, if the zoning board wants a structural analysis.  Send me a copy of the drawings (as-built, proposed, whatever) and I will check them and affix my oh-so-official stamp.. provided it's a sound design  ;)  Seriously, PM me if that becomes necessary. 

+karma to Barterer!

That's great of you to offer.

Jim Johnson

Hey Spencer, thanks for the sketchup.google.  That's a cool program.  I didn't have time to master it before seeing Leroy.  He did accept my hand drawings.
I recieved my written apology and a Building Permit.  It cost me $288.00.  Who's the winner?  The written apology was nowhere near as contrtite as the verbal one was.
Lauren's going to bury me in the basement when she finds out I payed money to allow some to let me build my own house.  But It will give her a reason to come home.

I'll need certified people to sign off on the electrical and plumbing, someday.