• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Fun at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by TackleTheWorld, September 15, 2006, 05:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Jim and Lauren's Barn is going up!
I've had many people offer to help with construction. 
Well if you would like to help us raise the walls or shovel some dirt, or grill some cheese sandwiches before the whole thing freezes over come on out!

Saturday 30 Sept. and Sunday 1 Oct.
Daybreak to Sunset
Then Pizza!
Call for directions 603-239-8506

Warning: We have been warned by the local building inspector to cease and desist our unpermitted renovation.
Do not attend if you would like to remain 100% law abiding.

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

TackleTheWorld

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

What time can we arrive in the afternoon and still qualify for the pizza?   ;)

Do you need us to bring tools?  Shoot, I think I left my shovel in FL.

Tom Sawyer

Michael Fisher

I wish there was a way that I could help with the barn! Do you have some land that you are going to cultivate? How high will the property taxes be on the land you've purchased?

I'm doing a research project right now the economic history of the U.S., specifically on dozens of geographical case studies of individuals from different professions during the Great Depression, how inter-independent living resulted in starvation and death, how independent living resulted in survival, how businesses adapted new strategies similar to some we've seen recently out of India's economic revolution, and which taxes must be immediately eliminated during the next depression in order to allow independent living alternatives once again which are currently highly discouraged in this country.

Just as the colonial British in South Africa, the U.S. has--arguably on purpose--created specific taxes that are working to destroy the possibility of independent living in the U.S., and the result will be disastrous during a depression unless one's desire to live independently becomes respected by the government.

The greatest economic fallacy of our day, that may end up causing millions of Americans to starve to death during the next depression, is that progress is measured by material wealth, regardless of those who have no desire for it, and thus the ultra-consumption culture is fed and manipulated to grow, through various artificial government regulations and taxes, at great expense to those who wish to live independently.

I think a major decade-long depression is a necessary and highly beneficial event given the existing current culture of ignorance, arrogance, laziness, and ultra-consumption; but in the current environment, the next depression may become an extremely disastrous case of democide unless people throw off regulations and taxes that prevent independent living.

Russell Kanning

Interesting post Mike .... but I think we are just going to be doing some construction. ;)

Construction in Winchester beats the pants off of government destruction.

What kind of stuff will we be doing/what tools might be helpful?

FTL_Ian

Hah!  I found my shovel.  I may not be very handy when it comes to construction and carpentry, but I know how to shovel!   ;D

TackleTheWorld

The main event is planned to be framing and raising four exterior walls.
But there could be installing of insulation, carrying bricks, and/or filling dirt around the foundation.

Bring warm clothing and work gloves.
We could use all the shovels and wheelbarrows you can muster.

TackleTheWorld

Our local town selectman, Sue, has offered to upgrade our lunch from cheese sandwiches. 
Oh boy, I hope it's barbeque weather. :sunny:

Pat K

It's always BBQ weather, well unless it's raining really hard.