• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Tree Learning Center

Started by Kat Kanning, January 02, 2005, 10:22 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jgmaynard

Thank you. :) Glad you all like (so far!) lol.....

JM

Russell Kanning

AlanM

John

jgmaynard

Hi all:

I just booked rooms for the two classes I wanted to teach.

It still needs final dispensation, but my classes are tentatively scheduled for:

Introduction to Astronomy
Turs., Feb. 17th
7 - 8 PM
Room 22

Fighting Math Phobia
Weds., Feb 23rd
7-8 PM
Room 11

Let me know who else books a class, and I'll begin a flyer.

JM

jgmaynard

Got a flyer started........

It's right here!

Whoever else books a class, let me know!

JM

JonM

jgmaynard

The two classes I am doing ARE CONFIRMED!!!

Varrin told me today he should have one booked by Friday.

Also, thanks to JonM, I'm going to be addressing the Keene Kawanias (sp?) Club at a breakfast meeting about the LTLC on Feb. 16th.  ;D

JM

JonM

rothamerica

Sounds great, Jim.  Good luck to you.

jgmaynard

OK, So, the Rec Center has canceleed our classes, saying thatthey don't do "for profit organzations".

This, atfer several employees of theirs checked the rates, and asking if we were for profit or not, and telling us that we had to pay the fee for for-profit orgs (OK, fine.). Then, the forms had a box in the fees section about for/not for profit.

So, then they say they don't do for-profit events.

Uh huh.

So, I recommend we take the following steps:

1) Get a schedule of their events for last year. If there are ANY events for for-profit orgs, we gawtum!
If we show this, we go to LTE'S and "other events" { Lil' Jim, I'm looking in your dir-rreeeccccttt-tion!} :)

2) Look for other places to have the classes in the short term. I'm going to call KSC, etc.

3) Possibly re-incorparate the LTLC as a non-profit, putting most of it's money into honorariums for the teachers; if the LTLC is officially a non-profit, the Rec Center not only has to let us use the rooms, they have to let us use them for free :D (Varrin's idea  ;D).

4) I have seen office spaces around here for like $200-300 a month; If we would all have to pay a rental fee anyways, if we do a total of 10 classes a month between us, this may be price-effective.

Just some thoughts - Others?????

JM

Dave Ridley

Well maybe the best thing to do is get free publicity out of the conflict but evacuate this project to private property.  That way we are aiming money toward a private company and away from the town government.

Russell Kanning

I am torn Jim...in some ways you want to wash your hands of the bureaucrats and is some ways we might as well put the screws to them and get teh rooms for free/cheap :-\

John

HMMMM . . . So, who is "anti-education" now?

FSPinNY

I taught adult ed evening classes in financial planning and investing for 10 years.? I could teach on Thursday night starting in Febru......oh wait, I don't live there yet.? ????

Brian