• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHFREE.COM not resolving

Started by 9thmoon, September 18, 2006, 02:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

9thmoon

NHfree.com is giving me a 404 - I can get here with NHunderground.com, though. 

d_goddard

Works for me as of right now (though it was slow as heck to resolve)

9thmoon

Hm, just tried it again, no dice. 

FTL_Ian

Zoneedit's webforward server is down and out.  They have been working on it all day.  I'm looking for a new Domain/Zone manager.

By the way Kat, if we would move the site to Crucial Servers, this would no longer be a possible problem!!

Rifkinn

makes me glad that I had a forum page bookmarked  :)

9thmoon

error

The DNS service I've used is http://www.everydns.net/ . Never had a problem with it. I currently use https://www.xname.org/ though because they support IPv6.

FTL_Ian

Flipping to a new DNS manager.. dnsmadeeasy.com.  We'll see what happens, everything should be working again in less than 48 hours.  These guys promise 100% uptime.

FTL_Ian

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 19, 2006, 03:23 PM NHFT
These guys promise 100% uptime.
"100% uptime"?
That raises alarm bells in my head.

I am responsible for systems that are clustered, have their own backup power generators, redundant hot-swappable disks, CPU, and RAM, AND have disaster failover in multiple, widely separated geographical locations. And THOSE are not "100% uptime"; they're 99.9999% uptime. Adding one more 9 at the end of the last decimal costs a few hundred thousand bucks (and would have been a few million ~3 years ago)

Russell Kanning

I am an accountant .... I round .9999 up to 1 :) my brain only goes to 2 digits right of the decimal point.

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 20, 2006, 10:15 AM NHFT
I am an accountant .... I round .9999 up to 1 :) my brain only goes to 2 digits right of the decimal point.
The government does the same thing to me, but more so, and in reverse.
My employer makes out a check for $100 and they round it down to $70 or so  ::)