• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

When will the snow start, realistically? I have to drive 3200 miles by 10/31.

Started by 9thmoon, September 20, 2006, 12:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

polyanarch

Where in Madison are you?

I grew up in Madison, went to school there and lived there (and around) full time until Jan of this year when I moved in with a GF in Chicago part-time and have been commuting between the two cities when I am not in NH (Nashua)

I agree that Ill noise FIB-land is very UN-free and may be one of the most unfree areas of the country.  It's almost as bad a DC in the city and even more corrupt.

Yesterday I just got back to Chicago after being in Madison for a few days.  I do the trip on an almost weekly and at the most bi-weekly basis so I've got a pretty good handle on the travel times.  Compared to the drive to Nashua and back the trip is just a morning commute for me.

I have some other FSP friends in Madison and have spent some time organizing and handing out fliers at local Madison events like the annual pot rally that Ben puts on and others.  I thought I knew all the Freepers from the Madison area.

-Jim

error

Ha, I didn't know there were ANY other FSP members here. I think maybe I should try to find them.... I'm over on the west side around Hilldale.

9thmoon

Quote from: error on September 24, 2006, 03:46 PM NHFT
Next spring sometime, I think.

What are you waiting for?  =)

...she says, as she takes a break from packing for her upcoming move. 

polyanarch

I know of 2 that still live in Madison/Middleton full time.  The rest have moved like me or have dropped out of FSP like dweebs. (one of them is my X-wife who was the person who got ME involved in the first place)

If you want I can send them your email address and have them contact you.  There used to be a S. Wisconsin FSP meetup and a yahoo group too but I don't remember the exact names/addresses or even if they are still around. 

There are a few more Milwaukee members and a few in Chicago.  They meet once a month in Chicago but I've only been to one meeting.  I hate meetings myself.  Either nobody ever goes or all they do is talk and never DO anything. 

I'm a DO-er, not a talker and going to a meeting every month talking about when I was going to leave would drive me crazy.  Mostlly I just hang around like-minded people and oftentimes they are FSP members who want to move out to NH soon.  If I didn't have a serious GF in Chicago I'd be in NH full-time instead of commuting...  Maybe I need a serious GF in NH too!

error

Russell Kanning

On your drive to NH ..... you could get hijacked in Chicago .... like this thread.

polyanarch

I could tell you how serious it is but the proof is in the pudding.  And that pudding is too dirty for even the internet!  If I'm going to produce pr0n, I am going to get paid for it...

I live in NH part-time.  I live in Chicago part-time.  I am a resident of North America and I go where I please when it pleases me.  Home is NH, I'm just visiting in Chicago, Madison, Kentucky, and Killeen.  I've got lots of friends/family willing to put me up when I blow into town.  I put a lot of miles on my various vehicles driving across the country.  I don't think I will ever settle down in one place for most of a year.  NH is too cold (so is WI) in the winters.  I have family in TX and always planed to over-winter there for a good portion of it even before I met this Chicago sweetheart. 

As a poly guy, I can always have more than one sweetheart.  Perhaps someone from NH might be interested in piqueing my interest in spending more than a few months a year at home in NH...

9thmoon

9thmoon

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 25, 2006, 07:01 AM NHFT
On your drive to NH ..... you could get hijacked in Chicago .... like this thread.

They'll never take me alive!!!!!  :iroc:
:jailbird:  Uh-oh.

Russell Kanning

polyanarch

Now that you have a nice AWD car to drive across the country with that isn't an american-made POS with maintenance needs that outvalue that of the vehicle it should be a snap.

:icon_pirat:

9thmoon

Quote from: polyanarch on October 03, 2006, 08:00 AM NHFT
Now that you have a nice AWD car to drive across the country with that isn't an american-made POS with maintenance needs that outvalue that of the vehicle it should be a snap.

:icon_pirat:

Yeah, as long as I don't end up towing that worthy vehicle behind a goll-durned U-haul...

aworldnervelink