• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

No one's going to bitch me out for my What is a Freestater article?

Started by Kat Kanning, September 21, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

I think it's a fine article, Kat.  Well done.   :clapping:

(Note: while I agree with "leadership" that the FSP organization should avoid taking specific positions on issues, I think it's important and necessary for participants to explain, as Kat has done, what free staters are all about.)

d_goddard

I love this article. Hell, I even syndicated it on FreeStateBlogs! :D
Thank You, Kat!!!!!

Kat Kanning

Oh thanks  :)

It seemed wrong to let people go around thinking we want to ban guns.

slim

I think the article is nice gets to the point. If I was writing the article I would have added an extra statement to the point about money. I think that money should be backed by something maybe not gold or silver, it could be grain, hogs, copper, or even something intangible as a promise. I am nitpicking here but that is the only real argument that I can make about the article. I think the public can comprehend a currency backed by gold or silver which is really where the majority of your readers will be coming from.

dawn

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 21, 2006, 08:52 AM NHFT
I'm shocked  :o

http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=273&Itemid=36

OK, you really want it? You got it!

"Kat - I can not BELIEVE you had the nerve to write that article! Who do you think you are?? It is inaccuarte, misleading, terrible. You have done a grave disservice to the FSP."

There - are you happy now???!! ;-)

Kat Kanning

Whew, the nitpicking and bitching have begun.  I feel better now.

d_goddard

I would have preferred you also indicate that *anybody* who fights for freedom in NH is a Free-Stater!

KBCraig

I'm still scratching my head over the notion that Freestaters want to take away people's guns.

That's like saying, "Oh, you're one of those Billy Graham crusaders who wants to sell our children to Satan?"

FrankChodorov

Quote"I hereby state my solemn intent to move to the state of New Hampshire. Once there, I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

that is not the SOI I signed...

mine said the "sole role of government" not the "maximum role of governemnt"

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 21, 2006, 02:00 PM NHFT
that is not the SOI I signed...

mine said the "sole role of government" not the "maximum role of governemnt"

bummer I think mine was better.
Come to think of it..... I don't remember reading the FSP SOI before I signed it. I must have been crazy or coerced.

Michael Fisher

Excellent article! :)

Here's the endless, pointless, picky whining you asked for:

QuoteMoney:  Money should be gold or silver backed, not fiat currency.  They generally believe in free-market economics.

I like this better:  ;)

QuoteMoney:  Money should be gold or silver, not fiat currency.  They generally believe in free-market economics.

Michael Fisher

You also forgot to mention in your article that "libertarian" could be a portmanteau of "liberal" and "authoritarian":

liberalauthoritarian :o