• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

prison insurance?

Started by Jared, April 21, 2007, 10:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

So I had this idea that may or may not work. I don't really know enough about these sorts of things to make that determination, so I was hoping for some input.

I was thinking of having some sort of "prison insurance" system for fsp members. I don't think that it would work on a profit basis very well (it would have to be VERY expensive), so I'm talking about something non-profit and of course completely voluntary. I'm thinking about something where fsp members could contribute a certain amount of money on a regular basis in turn for financial support. I guess it would mostly be for those who have families that would be missing the fsp member's income, should he/she be sentenced to a prison term and not be able to provide. So it would be like an insurance policy against imprisonment by the state for civil disobedience activities and such. Again, I don't know if something like would work (or if there is already something like this in place that I just don't know about). One of the questions would be if the money granted in an emergency would equal the amount of money paid in, or if it would be on an as needed basis. If Joe Shmuk signs up and only makes two payments, and then has some trouble, will he be entitled to a larger sum than the very little he had put in? I dunno. Is there anything to this idea?

space

It's an interesting idea. I think I'm going to mull this one over for awhile. I do like the idea of FSP peeps taking care of each other in a variety of ways.

SpeedPhreak

hmmmmmm.

a fund could be set up & could be used to invest with.  hopefully it would not be drawn on until there is a good amount of principal set up & benefits could be paid w/interest.  Certain banks in Panama will pay 8% on a 3yr CD w/monthly interest payments that are paid into a checking account that can be spent immediately or reinvested.

another option, again - w/enough initial pricipal, would be commercial property... buy a building & use the rent collected to pay benefits.

These methods would allow the fund to continue to grow, or at least not backstep.  It can be set up just like insurance where if you dont pay in aug then your benifits are terminated.

I would be interested in using this & helping in setting something like this up/managing it.. if this is something you really want to pursue.

Dreepa

Dada had this idea and there is a thread on it... I will try to find it.

David

I would love to do this, or some type of assistance for those putting their necks on the line to fight our battles.  Unfortunately I can't figure out how.  The gov't would shut it down as an encouragement of 'crime', and if posible steal any money.  the best I can figure out is to assist as an individual basis, something that is impossible for the gov't to stop.  Possibly advance pledges of money or non money help, to be called on when the inevitable happens.  It may also have to be targeted towards the individual who is in the gov't crosshairs.  Some people may not support all, but will help out people who they are particular towards. 

SpeedPhreak

set it up as an IBC (International Business Corporation).

Everything will be in a friendly to us jurisdiction... from the website, to banks accounts, & mailing addresses.  Payments can be made via e-gold, western union, credit card, snail mail.  Any assets owned in the USA will be structured in a way that they will not be linked to the IBC or operators.  Benefits can be put on an offshore debit card in a numbered account.

tracysaboe