• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nominations for the next silent demonstration?

Started by Dave Ridley, September 21, 2006, 07:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankChodorov

foreclosures happen because people can't pay their mortgage...many people who bought recently with variable interest rates are upside down on their mortgage (they owe more than it is worth) and just walk away rather than try and dig themselves out.

CNHT

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 11, 2006, 07:10 PM NHFT
OK ... have they thought of telling the government "no"?

Well d'uh, I guess they have in a way, and this is why the town is repossessing the homes to recoup the taxes owed.
When you have a mortgage, the bank basically owns the house so if you don't pay the taxes they can call in the loan.

Dave Ridley

another option is the manchester transit authority because of their plan to place cameras into school buses.

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=5659.msg98891#msg98891

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 12, 2006, 02:24 PM NHFT
another option is the manchester transit authority because of their plan to place cameras into school buses.

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=5659.msg98891#msg98891

And your problem with that is what? I guess from being a teacher for 35 years I have seen what goes on in school buses and have no problem with having it recorded so the perpetrators will be caught. These are KIDS doing horrid things we're talking about..not adults going about their business in a lawful way.

???

A camera is no substitute for the driver being allowed to carry a gun, but at least it will record any intruders.

There is really nothing I can do on a school bus that invades my privacy, UNLESS I'm threatening to hurt, kidnap, or steal from someone. I can only sit there during the ride.
It's not like a camera in my house or something. So I would not be doing anything that would be considered private.

There are two trial dates coming up end of October that you could attend instead.
I can't imagine why you'd want to protest anything like this.

FrankChodorov

ah yes Jane's libertarian facade is starting to show a few cracks as her Republican core is starting to show through...

lildog

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 12, 2006, 03:38 PM NHFT
ah yes Jane's libertarian facade is starting to show a few cracks as her Republican core is starting to show through...

Why is it anti libertarian to be willing to accept cameras in PUBLIC locations?

If you are against it, don't put your kid on the bus.

I don't see the problem with it in the least.

CNHT

Quote from: lildog on October 12, 2006, 03:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 12, 2006, 03:38 PM NHFT

Why is it anti libertarian to be willing to accept cameras in PUBLIC locations?

If you are against it, don't put your kid on the bus.

I don't see the problem with it in the least.

This has no more to do with republicanism than it has to do with libertarians being shills for liberal one world gov't....

Actually this rebellion against authority of your parents is following right along with the UN's 'rights of the child' treaty whereby the whole goal is to get kids to be able to slip out from the authority of their parents so as to be better available to the UN's totalitarianism authority. Sometimes I think libertarians play right into that and are helping the UN along with its dream.

There really isn't much of anything, if anything at all, a person can do on a 20 minute bus ride that would require privacy. If you are reading a book you don't want them to see, then don't take it out! Other than that, the purpose of your gov't provided ride to school is for you to sit there and shut up. Otherwise, find your own way to school, since you hate the gov't so much, why are you even on the bus to begin with?

On the other hand, 60 angry preteens can rock a bus until it tips over or pull a knife on the driver or cause the bus to crash.
An intruder with a weapon can hijack the bus.

But I guess some libertarians would fall on the side of the criminal with this even where it involves the safety of minors on a 20 minute bus ride.
It's not like they are coming into your house to film you.

Protesting this would be going way too far and you will lose any credibility you might have.......

error

They're already putting surveillance cameras on the "adult" buses; why not the school buses?

After all, safety is SO much more important than freedom, and public spaces should ALWAYS be under surveillance, just in case Something Bad Happens.

I call bullshit.

What needs to happen is twofold: First, the public schools need to go away entirely, and second, the children need to be taught some minimal degree of respect which they used to learn and, thanks in large part to the erosion of the family and the rise of the authoritarian state, they no longer are.

Some here will remember when the STUDENTS took their guns to school -- even on the school bus! It simply wasn't a problem, and children getting out of hand simply wasn't a problem. The issue goes beyond the surveillance camera; it's by design that our society has ended up this way. The cameras are merely a small symptom of a very large problem, and it's about time we started addressing that problem head-on, before the small symptoms themselves get out of control.

CNHT

Quote from: error on October 12, 2006, 05:26 PM NHFT
They're already putting surveillance cameras on the "adult" buses; why not the school buses?

After all, safety is SO much more important than freedom, and public spaces should ALWAYS be under surveillance, just in case Something Bad Happens.

I call bullshit.

What needs to happen is twofold: First, the public schools need to go away entirely, and second, the children need to be taught some minimal degree of respect which they used to learn and, thanks in large part to the erosion of the family and the rise of the authoritarian state, they no longer are.

Some here will remember when the STUDENTS took their guns to school -- even on the school bus! It simply wasn't a problem, and children getting out of hand simply wasn't a problem. The issue goes beyond the surveillance camera; it's by design that our society has ended up this way. The cameras are merely a small symptom of a very large problem, and it's about time we started addressing that problem head-on, before the small symptoms themselves get out of control.

Yes I do remember when we brought our guns to school for target practice.
And I agree that the erosion of the family is a big problem. And maybe OUR kids won't do anything wrong on the bus, but other kids will.
But being seen sitting on a bus is not something that invades my privacy sufficiently enough to let me want to endanger the whole bus - that is unless you want to swap that for allowing teachers and bus drivers to have guns so they can stop what happened at the Amish school.

I'd rather they have guns, just like I think pilots should have guns, but it isn't going to happen.

error

Forget the surveillance cameras and give the students back their guns. :)

CNHT

Quote from: error on October 12, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFT

Well that's what I said! But you know that isn't going to happen...at least not in the near future.

FrankChodorov

QuoteSometimes I think libertarians play right into that and are helping the UN along with its dream.

you mean purposely or are they duped like the folks in SVR?

is Caleb going to be duped at the SVR secessionist conference in VT?

error

Quote from: CNHT on October 12, 2006, 06:11 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on October 12, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFT

Well that's what I said! But you know that isn't going to happen...at least not in the near future.

That's not going to stop me from saying it -- and continuing to say what needs to be said until people begin to understand.

FTL_Ian

CNHT / Jane is not a libertarian.  She's an incrementalist smaller government Republican as far as I can tell.

error

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 12, 2006, 11:44 PM NHFT
CNHT / Jane is not a libertarian.  She's an incrementalist smaller government Republican as far as I can tell.

I figure in politics, if you get 10% of what you ask for, you're doing very well.

So why not go all the way?