• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nominations for the next silent demonstration?

Started by Dave Ridley, September 21, 2006, 07:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 12, 2006, 11:44 PM NHFT
CNHT / Jane is not a libertarian.  She's an incrementalist smaller government Republican as far as I can tell.

And a beautiful lady, and one helluva lasagna cook (from all reports, although I missed out on The Joy myself).

This has been your friendly reminder that: 1) some of our strongest allies have been in NH since waaaay before the FSP was even thought of; and, 2) we're not all revolutionary anarchists.

Kevin

Dave Ridley

CNHT wrote:

<< There are two trial dates coming up end of October that you could attend instead.>>

Would you mind putting  them on our calendar?

<<I can't imagine why you'd want to protest anything like this.>>

I can't imagine why you'd be ok with forcing taxpayers to shell out another 2 grand per bus plus upkeep and replacement expenses.

Dave Ridley

lildog wrote:

<< If you are against it, don't put your kid on the bus.>> 

If you are for it, pay for it yourself.

Don't force your neighbors to underwrite it.

Russell Kanning

lildog

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 13, 2006, 06:36 AM NHFT

lildog wrote:

<< If you are against it, don't put your kid on the bus.>> 

If you are for it, pay for it yourself.

Don't force your neighbors to underwrite it.

Sounds like you read my most recent letter to the editor:

http://www.cabinet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061011/MERRIMACK05/61010015/-1/merrimack05

;D

I have no problem paying for things like this myself.  My kids, my wallet.

But the idea that in PUBLIC we have some level of privacy is just out right silly.  I can understand if we're talking cameras in PRIVATE buildings or other such locations but we're not.  We are talking about PUBLIC locations.  This is no different then that guy in Nashua setting up cameras on his own land and home.  You enter his home, you should expect he could be video taping you.

Well the same goes for PUBLIC, if you are in PUBLIC the PUBLIC can see you and what you're doing.

Would you have a problem with one of the children on the bus bringing in a camera and taping what was happening there?  This is no different.

CNHT

CNHT / Jane is not a libertarian.  She's an incrementalist smaller government Republican as far as I can tell.

Let's put it this way -- utopianism only helps the enemy. I do whatever I can whenever I can to reduce taxes and government because if they don't have the money they don't have the power. If that's what you want to call it, so be it.

CNHT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 13, 2006, 06:30 AM NHFT
CNHT wrote:

<< There are two trial dates coming up end of October that you could attend instead.>>

Would you mind putting  them on our calendar?

<<I can't imagine why you'd want to protest anything like this.>>

I can't imagine why you'd be ok with forcing taxpayers to shell out another 2 grand per bus plus upkeep and replacement expenses.

I am not OK with letting little brats with poor upbringing overtake the busdriver and endanger all the innocent kids. Unless you are going to hire MR T, what would you suggest?

Dave Ridley

<<Would you have a problem with one of the children on the bus bringing in a camera and taping what was happening there?  This is no different.>>

It's different in that I presumably would be forced to pay for the government camera, but presumably not forced to pay the children a fee for bringing their camera.

I'm not a Manchester resident but Manchester's public institutions get some money from me via state and federal taxes.

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on October 13, 2006, 02:04 AM NHFT

And a beautiful lady, and one helluva lasagna cook (from all reports, although I missed out on The Joy myself).

This has been your friendly reminder that: 1) some of our strongest allies have been in NH since waaaay before the FSP was even thought of; and, 2) we're not all revolutionary anarchists.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I haven't been able to eat lasagna or much of anything lately as I am still bedridden...

It just makes no sense to be so anti-authority about every little thing that you put others in danger.

People here have no qualms about shopping in the supermarket where they have had cameras on you for years, not for YOUR protection but for their protection against YOU should you decided you are going to shoplift from them. But because the schoolbus scenario is 'government' , it therefore is totally taboo?  That is ridiculous. You can still teach kids it's not OK to have cameras on them at other times and places. These kids are not like our FSP kids who have been taught right from wrong and personal responsibility. Ed even wrote an article on that when he first met the 100 who moved here. We were impressed because those parents put their money where their mouths were.

However, after reading some of the comments from people here, it makes me glad most on this forum don't vote -- otherwise they'd help get Lynch back in and before you know it we'll have a sales tax and lose the NH Advantage. Neither candidates is perfect, but this bunch has a habit of throwing out the baby with the bathwater when the Republicans (some being more libertarian than others, since you can't categorize everyone with just two parties) are the ones who have made NH the state that it is and typically score the best on all liberty issues, not just money.

Just being anti-authoritarian for the sake of it sounds like a bunch of immature preteens who don't care who else they hurt in the process and the complete antithesis to what freedom is about.

Freedom is not free...

Pat K

Yea besides if an Alien ship tractor beams up a bus and returns it we will have pics.

cathleeninnh

There is a difference, Jane because the government has a very poor record of performance. Just because something makes sense doesn't mean it can be properly conducted or achieved the way governments operate. Misuse and mismanagement is rampant. Aren't you paying attention?

Cathleen

CNHT

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 13, 2006, 05:38 PM NHFT
There is a difference, Jane because the government has a very poor record of performance. Just because something makes sense doesn't mean it can be properly conducted or achieved the way governments operate. Misuse and mismanagement is rampant. Aren't you paying attention?

Cathleen

I can see no misuses of 20 mins of film of children sitting quietly on a bus, film that will be erased if nothing else has happened. What possible use could it have?
On the other hand if something happens, it will be recorded. And looks like if the little darlings know they are being filmed, it stops a lot of the violence.

Wasting time on this is over the edge IMHO.

Pat K

I don't like the whole camera thing. But I went to a school were violence was the rule of the day on buses and else were, not the oh the terry wrists are gonna get us kind. The every day is an adventure kind. I wish there was no Gov. school but while there is I can't totaly rule this out. I did not think NH had problems this bad though.

d_goddard

Quote from: CNHT on October 13, 2006, 05:49 PM NHFT
I can see no misuses of 20 mins of film of children sitting quietly on a bus, film that will be erased if nothing else has happened. What possible use could it have?
On the other hand if something happens, it will be recorded. And looks like if the little darlings know they are being filmed, it stops a lot of the violence.

I presume then that you would also be fine with cameras on every streetcorner to prevent crime, such as are already installed in much of the UK?

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on October 13, 2006, 06:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on October 13, 2006, 05:49 PM NHFT

I presume then that you would also be fine with cameras on every streetcorner to prevent crime, such as are already installed in much of the UK?

We already have them at every intersection and at the toll booths. I am not fine with that, because it's not a place that is having problems necessarily. The bus apparently is.

So, why not protest those instead?