• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested in New London

Started by Kat Kanning, September 22, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

OK it may be a while before I can finish a complete report, but I dropped by about 6 perpetrator offices yesterday in New London to do silent demos and sign waving.   The responses were less hostile than I had expected but only just a little less.

I visited and got kicked out of NLDC, the city manager's office, judge mcmahon's building (couldn't find his office), NLPD, Pfizer HQ and maybe some others I've forgotten LOL.   Oh yeah also York prison where she's being held.   I didn't last long in any of these places, altho at the prison I came back with a big sign and held it for traffic a while.   The prison i lasted longer b/c i walked up to the guard shack and then had along way to back up before reaching the highway :)

As I was driving around sometimes I would spot NLPD officers working around town, and I would stand near them and aim the sign at them. None of them gave me any grief. 

While I was doing this I also managed to get seen by the mayor as she was driving around the city trying to turn more of it into a ghost town, but I'm not sure she read the sign. 

After the all the bureaus were closed I went to their traffic circle and held the big free lauren canario/nhfree.com sign for maybe 90 mintes.   I got about 12 thumbs up type responses during that time and one guy who yelled at me and said "she's a squatter!"   a couple of cops waved at me.

I had other signs, one that said "your war on crime is appreciated, your war on lauren canario is not"   Another one said "did you help them destroy property rights?"   I just used which ever one was appropriate for the bureaucrat in question.

I got to meet with Doug Schwartz and friends, they're really a riot!   when they're not starting one LOL

Mo latah.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 29, 2006, 07:45 PM NHFT
OK it may be a while before I can finish a complete report, but I dropped by about 6 perpetrator offices yesterday in New London to do silent demos and sign waving.   The responses were less hostile than I had expected but only just a little less.

I visited and got kicked out of NLDC, the city manager's office, judge mcmahon's building (couldn't find his office), NLPD, Pfizer HQ and maybe some others I've forgotten LOL.   Oh yeah also York prison where she's being held.   I didn't last long in any of these places, altho at the prison I came back with a big sign and held it for traffic a while.   The prison i lasted longer b/c i walked up to the guard shack and then had along way to back up before reaching the highway :)

As I was driving around sometimes I would spot NLPD officers working around town, and I would stand near them and aim the sign at them. None of them gave me any grief. 

While I was doing this I also managed to get seen by the mayor as she was driving around the city trying to turn more of it into a ghost town, but I'm not sure she read the sign. 

You are amazing!!!  :o :o :o

After the all the bureaus were closed I went to their traffic circle and held the big free lauren canario/nhfree.com sign for maybe 90 mintes.   I got about 12 thumbs up type responses during that time and one guy who yelled at me and said "she's a squatter!"   a couple of cops waved at me.

Wait a minute... so you're telling me that people even know what's going on, AND they support us, AND they STILL don't care enough to do something about it? I thought they simply did not know and that we may have been failing to successfully inform them.  :(

This makes me sick. :puke:

Mo latah.

We need to work on your spelling there, Dave.  :whp2:

error

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0002 1295 4136

Your item was delivered at 12:11 pm on September 29, 2006 in NIANTIC, CT 06357.

I can only imagine the look on some jail censor's face when he reads the printout of this forum.

Kat Kanning

John

Dave Ridley

Mike i don't think most new london folks yet know who lauren is...i would have gotten more honks, waves and complaints than just 13 if half of the town knew who she was.

Kat Kanning

I'm guessing this is the prosecutor in Lauren's case:

State's Attorney
Kevin Kane
860-443-2835

Anyone want to verify this tomorrow?

Russell Kanning

So what should we do about breaking Lauren out?

We were talking last night at Shorty's place about nonviolently approaching the evil government guys in New London.
Caleb was thinking that we need piles of people to show up at the jail and let her out.
Jim J. suggested that we should one by one get arrested in a similar way that Lauren did, by sitting on that porch.

I like both of those ideas. What do you all think ..... and who would like to volunteer?

Dave Ridley

If you do it, I will so *something* to support you but no guarantees as to when or what it would be.

Tom Sawyer

Stopped by Jim and Lauren's to pick up tools.

Jim mentioned he is considering going to sit on the porch in Fort Trumbull. He is going to get to visit with Lauren on Wednesday and will be asking her if he should do it. He seems to be at a point of needing some input from folks on this. I talked to him about some of the pluses and minuses associated with his choice.
:-\
I'll be in Rhode Island this week, but can probably get down there for Friday morning... I've said I'll support him in whatever direction he choses to go.

Can we get some constructive input from others. I think he needs our support and a dialog on this.

John

The judge, the polititions, and the police-state goons who hurt people in favor of corporate-fascism ("common property"?) are - at best - unthinking thugs.
Who are the mental cases?
Lauren Ann Canario has hurt no one.

I will try to adapt my work schedual to be back in The Rotten State on CT.

Kat Kanning

I think Jim's idea is great.  The best thing that can happen with civil disobedience is to have another person join you.  I'm thinking of joining them also.

Tom Sawyer

One concern is that, now Jim is the only one who is going to be allowed to see Lauren. When he is locked up her outside contact disappears.

When she gets out he will still be in (potentially). To keep things moving forward at home makes their lives much better this winter. What happens between now and snow cover is the way things will be for 5 months. It can be pretty bleak fighting the winter when you aren't as ready as you can be.

The potential is they will go from this fight and come home to the next battle with the inspector jerk. I know if I just got out of jail and that idiot gave me a hard time I might have trouble controlling my anger.

As someone who is going into my 11th winter here, the first winter in a pioneer homestead takes a lot out of you. If you start off behind the curve you pay for it for a year afterwards.

Just so no one has any illusions as to what it can/will be like for them.

Russell Kanning

What if Jim ends up in jail? ..... maybe the rest of us have to finish the place off.