• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Property Rights Raid" at NH DOT

Started by Dave Ridley, September 24, 2006, 09:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

OK as you guys may already know, Cathleen and I pulled a "silent demonstration marathon" on Friday.   The third stop on the list was New Hampshire's Department of Transportation office in Concord.  We were there to hold a sign in support of Al Baldasaro, who lost some property in Londonderry last year after a DOT-backed land grab.

The office is more like a Ministry, huge and nicer than it should be.   As you walk in there is a huge list of redundant bureaus, including a "Bureau of Right of Way."   That office is right up front...must be really important!

I just stood in the reception area with my 90 second, 50 cent sign that said:

Dear D.O.T.
Plz return Al Baldasaro's Land
NHfree.com

Lilke my other silent demo signs, it can be read up to about 35 yards.

Cathleen stood about 50 feet away.

At the airport, I didn't get a lot of gawks, yet I got an instant police response and a kickout.  Here it was completely the opposite, gawk central.   People just froze when they saw me and would seem to spend a long time looking at the sign.  Others would peek around corners to look at me while I wasn't facing them, and then would hide when I turned to face them  - LOL.    Hardly anyone said anything to me.  Most looked kinda guilty after reading the sign, and they seemed to be afraid to talk to me.   Some stifled grins and smiles.

No one tried to boot me out or scowl at me or anything. 

About 40 bureaucrats and 30 regular people probably saw me total.   One lady came out to meet a young relative or something who had come to visit her and was ecstatic when she saw him, proceeded to open her arms four feet wide and then froze when she saw me.  She spent ten seconds ignoring the kid and reading the sign, then continued toward her long lost loved one to hug him - heh heh.

After my alarm went off signifying time-to-go, I went to the receptionist and left her a flyer which read:

-----

Is it right to take people's land without their consent?

I have the right to remain silent.  Department of Transportation officials have the right to return Al Baldasaro's property in Londonderry, which they seized from him last year in an eminent domain land grab. 

When the State hurts an individual, and claims it's for the good of all, it is fitting and proper that some of the "all" show up and renounce the harm it has done in their name.

If you are a government employee,  know that we stand ready to defend *your* Constitutional rights as well, should the authorities choose you as their next innocent victim.

Respectfully,

Your neighbors at NHfree.com

------

I had written the name of the old wetlands mitigation perp Bob Barry at the top, but they informed me he's retired now.  So I handed them another flyer with no name at the top, nodded respectfully and left with my loyal and much appreciated observe

Kat Kanning

Cool  :D

QuoteWhen the State hurts an individual, and claims it's for the good of all, it is fitting and proper that some of the "all" show up and renounce the harm it has done in their name.

I like that part especially.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

BTW, I made a wiki page to track your silent demonstrations.  Let me know if I miss adding any to the page.

http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Silent+Demonstrations

Dave Ridley

something i'm learning from these is I ought to leave more flyers around in case the one or two I hand out get thrown away rather than passed around.

KBCraig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 25, 2006, 12:03 AM NHFT
something i'm learning from these is I ought to leave more flyers around in case the one or two I hand out get thrown away rather than passed around.

Place them around individually (or 2-3 per spot). Don't leave a stack, because a PO'd statist would love to grab up the whole stack and trash them. If there's a waiting area with any kind of reading material, just place your flyers randomly in the magazines.

Gov agencies love to have "helpful" racks of forms and tri-fold brochures. Great place to leave liberty educational materials.

Kevin

Dan

QuoteGov agencies love to have "helpful" racks of forms and tri-fold brochures. Great place to leave liberty educational materials.

Brilliant.  Never thought to leave leaflets in magazines, either.

David

Excellent flyer. 
Simple, friendly, principled, and to the point. 
After all, it is the belief in the right of first-strike force, that needs to be challenged, not neccesarily the holder of the belief.